New .22 Pistol Needed

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

latin2

Post by latin2 »

How to both Morini and FWB?
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

No-one has mentioned Benelli's MP 90 S. I've just acquired second-hand .22 and .32 versions and I'm impressed. Simple, rugged construction. Well-finished. Very low bore-line with respect to arm means that there's very little recoil-induced movement. Reliable. Parts available at sensible prices. Provision for easy adjustment of balance by the addition of material to a compartment under the barrel. Provision for dry-firing without risk of damage. Reasonably-shaped standard grip. Good value (don't know about on your side of the ditch, though).

Compared to my FAS 607, Hammerli 208, Unique DES69, IZH 35M, Walther GSP (both types of trigger), the Benelli seems to embody more good features than any of the others and is very 'forgiving'. Perhaps its weakness is a slightly coarse trigger feel, but the trigger is wonderfully adjustable, and I expect a little fettling will help. Why are these not more popular?

On the other hand, it could just be the honeymoon period...

And on yet another hand, if I could get a reasonably-priced Pardini or Morini, I'd get it.
Leon

Post by Leon »

What might James off the Benelli is the local ( Australian ) pricing of new Benellis.

For the M90S World Cup -

US pricing = $1515 www.larrysguns.com

Australian price >$3k = Price I obtained from the Aus importers a few months ago. Plus they have nothing in stock and showed little interest in actually ordering one.

It's actually cheaper ordering and importing one yourself from Germany.
Last edited by Leon on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Haven't really seen the Benelli marketed in Aus.

I think a Morini is the answer, thanks for the input.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Saw a second hand Benelli for $1400 or $1500 recently (in Australia.) I think I had it bookmarked but it was on my other PC. I'm sure it's sold by now.
Leon

Post by Leon »

JamesH wrote:Haven't really seen the Benelli marketed in Aus.

I think a Morini is the answer, thanks for the input.
That's because the local distributor has priced them out of the market and has shown no interest in promoting them. It's a shame really cause they are nice.

Like you I'm in the market for a new .22, came very close to buying a Morini CM22RF Alu but decided against it.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

It seems the new Pardini is fine, if I take out all the balance weights the balance is good, and it still shoots well. I can make a new grip more akin to the FAS.

I have searched but not found much, can anyone point out the differences between the Standard and rapid versions, and do they really make much difference?

As far as I can glean the RF has a lighter bolt, looser chamber and possibly less barrel choke.

As I mainly shoot standard with some RF I think the standard version may be the best bet.

If anyone can point to a better thread please let me know.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Hello to Everyone.

I'm a newbie to this forum and I registered because it looks interesting.

Back to pistols. I own a Pardini K2S and it out shoots me. I bought it because it felt right and the price was right. Over here in the UK we have good importer of Pardini air pistols. I needed a new screw to replace a lost one. A few days after emailing I received the screw FOC from italy.

Regards
Seth999

Gun

Post by Seth999 »

I have an IZH-35M in near perfect condition...U.S. version with slide lock but no safety...have 2 mags and a few other misc sights...has rail mounted on top right now...if interested email me Seth.pennington2002@yahoo.com and I'll give you my contact info and pics when I'm on my home pc...I prefer to deal more on the phone than online...asking $750

Also have a walther osp 2000 finish is about 70-75% from use but internals are perfect with 4 mags 2 weights 2 triggers and 4 sight sets...lmk if interested
2650 Plus

Another suggestion

Post by 2650 Plus »

I have heard that the US Marines have gone to the FWB 93. If its good enough for the Marines it should work for many shooters. Good Shooting Bill Horton
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I got the Pardini SP, which is good so far.

The latest AW93 is good, saw it just after taking delivery of the Pardini.
The recoil system has been wholly redesigned, the moving weight is much lighter.