morini cm rf alu

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jim greer

morini cm rf alu

Post by jim greer »

Have they fixed the feeding problems they had in the past? If so what was the problem?
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

They must have, don't know what they did (nor care). I bought my CM22RF this past spring (April 2011) and it has been working great. Only 2 alibis that I blame on the CCI Std Vel wax used on the boolit. Other ammo has worked great.
jipe

Post by jipe »

I have a CM22M RF, my wife has also one. No feeding problems at all.

We use mainly CCI std and Eley pistol match. I have also used some RWS pistol green box and they also work well, I swithed to the Elay because there is definitely too much grease on the bullet of the RWS.
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

My RF had a too tight chamber that caused feeding problems on some brands of ammo.
The chamber has been slightly opend up and there is no more feeding problems.
Also there was a little to much angle on the magazine feeder, the plastic feeder "thingy". This has been made flatter and is now up to the specs that the latest production run has.

Other than that this gun is a real pleasure to own and shoot.

Lars
jipe

Post by jipe »

Mine also had and still has a tight chamber for US .22LR ammo that are slightly bigger than european .22LR ammo like the CCI std but it doesn't cause any malfunction.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

my first thousand rounds were flawless, even without a proper cleaning. Had problems after that but it turned out that I grabbed the other magazine which will function properly. Went back to the first magazine and it continues to function with no problems.
jipe

Post by jipe »

The Morini doesn't require frequent cleaning and I am definitely not a guy who like to spend time cleaning his pistol. But at a certain point, too much dirt is too much and you may have some feeding malfunction when the chamber, feeding rail and breech become very dirty. It is a match pistol, not a military pistol supposed to work even full of mud.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

My point was that it runs good even when not cleaned. It was only after I cleaned it that I ever experienced any problems. That was due to the fact that I had grabbed the other magazine, which had never been used, and will not function. The gun is super reliable clean or dirty with a variety of quality ammunition.
jerry0503214

Post by jerry0503214 »

Mine also had and still has a tight chamber for US .22LR ammo that are slightly bigger than european .22LR ammo like the CCI std but it doesn't cause any malfunction.