El Gamo diopter/Crosman rear sight

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Brian Nugent

El Gamo diopter/Crosman rear sight

Post by Brian Nugent »

I'm looking for an El Gamo type rear sight that comes on a Daisy 887 or Crosman CH2000. The last time I needed one, I think I got it from Pyramid Air. They want to sell me a front/rear sight package. Crosman doesn't sell them anymore. Don't see one on GamoUsa. Has Daisy fixed their QC issues with these? Anyone know where I can buy one? Thanks!
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I believe Champion Shooters Supply has a rear sight that is comparable to the Gamo sight you are looking for.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The CSS sight is the crummy Chinese sight.

Go for the Gamo set from Pyramid. You can only get these as a set.
While more expensive, the chinese version is pretty much worthless except for a very basic beginner shooting off a bench. Even the 888 sight set is better than the chinese version of the Gamo
Brian Nugent

Post by Brian Nugent »

Thanks, Joel. I saw them on the Pyramid Air sight, just couldn't tell if they were the better ones or not. Thanks to jhawk for the help as well.
Brian Nugent

Post by Brian Nugent »

I didn't see any El Gamo at Pyramid Air. I emailed them and asked them where the Daisy and Crosman diopters they had were made............China.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Well the last Crosman sights I got from them came in the Gamo box and on the bottom of the box it states "Made in Spain".

I'd have them check the bottom of the Crosman box ... methinks they got lazy
Brian Nugent

Post by Brian Nugent »

Okay, received the sights from Pyramid. They have no distinguishing markings, but the Crosman paperwork in the box states that they are made in Spain! It really shouldn't be this hard to find some decent sights. Thanks to all who chipped in their two cents.
Tanktrek

EL GAMO

Post by Tanktrek »

I have a front and rear that came off of a El Gamo 126.

Ron
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Thanks Brian ....
I'm awaiting a grant and then I need to order two of these. I was worried there for a bit.

The "newer" Gamo's had an embossed oval on the top of the rear sight. The "old" Gamo's actually had the Gamo logo in that oval. Is that still there?

The chinese sights did not have that oval.
(This was as of about 2-3 years ago when I purchased my last Gamo set)
Perry_w

Post by Perry_w »

When using the Gamo sight, on a 888, is the front sight front the gun used?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Perry_w wrote:When using the Gamo sight, on a 888, is the front sight front the gun used?
Ummmm, possibly.
You can .... maybe ... you run out of adjustment really quickly (cannot remember if it's up or down). Remember the Gamo sight is not a "precision" sight and due to the manufacturing tolerances some I've gotten will do, others just run out of adjustment if you use an 888 front sight.

Normally, you would also order an 887 front sight/barrel weight from Daisy. I cannot remember the part number, (5096??), but make sure you specify that it's for an 887 as sometimes they'll send the wrong type. I think if you order these w/o the front sight they are like $10-$15. This will put the front sight back in the middle of the adjustment range

Call Daisy at
Denise Johnson
Daisy Outdoor Products
Special Markets/Customer Service
479-621-4317
djohnso@daisy.com
Perry_w

Post by Perry_w »

So do I order a 887 weight with a sight, or do I order one with out the sight and use the sight in the Gamo set?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Order it w/o ... the front sights are the same