Greetings and A Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Jenady

Greetings and A Question

Post by Jenady »

I was an active competitor in Free Pistol , Air Pistol, and NRA Bullseye years ago. Then life got in the way and I sold all my gear. Now I am back in the market for a free pistol and a standard pistol.

Since I have been away so long I am curious what the most popular guns are these days. I have searched and seen many if not all the offerings. What is showing up at matches most frequently?

btw - This looks like a great forum. I am looking forward to spending some time here.
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

Answers depend what matches you go to (this is a serious response). Since matches don't draw 100+ shooters (we're lucky to get 5) you will see an array that that shooter has chosen.

For example, where I shoot there are 2X (sometimes 3x) Pardini's, 1 Benelli, and I have a Morini CM22RF. This is SP.

In FP: 3x TOZ-35, Morini CM84 (sometimes another CM84 and sometimes another TOZ35 when others show-up). Some shoot their Pardini in FP, one has shot a Ruger (22/45?).

I would suggest browsing backwards on the topics and see what people are talking about. You would be browsing back in time (weeks, months), but, getting a good idea of what is being used. Also note we're an international (pun intented) crowd.

Welcome back, have fun.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Not too long ago a large quantity of TOZ were dumped on the US market at very reasonable prices. A lot of guys bought them thinking they could get into the game cheap.

Unfortunately, they found it just wasn't their game, so.....there are a lot of TOZ out there. You just have to find a cheap one. I don't think they are at all a handicap (I use one myself; cost $500.)
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

I bought my TOZ35 from CDNN (slight surface rust) with no box (must have been a return?) for $295. That was 6 months ago. Sorry, they don't have no more as I asked twice.

So they will be out there!