Assembly instructions for Feinwerkbau AW 93 Rear Sight

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

JohnCfromMD

Assembly instructions for Feinwerkbau AW 93 Rear Sight

Post by JohnCfromMD »

I have an AW 93. The gun has a Breznovich mounted dot sight. I want to remove that and use the metallic rear sight. But I can find no instructions on how to reasemble it. Does ANYONE know where I can get those istructions? They are not inluded in the owners manual.

Thank you,
John C
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

John. you need to unscrew those tiny little hex screws in the back of the mount. Then all you have to do is slide out the pin holding down the front. Putting on the rear sight is tougher.
There is a small spring that goes underneath the rear sight and two tiny little ball bearings. These are easy to lose and need to be under tension to get the pin back in that holds the front part of the rear sight. Buck, the gunsmith at Pilkington is quite familiar with the AW-93. He can probably walk you through it or help you find what you need if the rear sight didn't come with all those tiny parts.
dante

Post by dante »

It's been a while since I went through this ordeal.

In essence, the two tiny springs fit in the two pinholes on the receiver, and then the tiny ball bearings. When you install these, you will basically be pushing them down with the front corners of the rear sight. If unleashed, they will fly 14 feet (mine landed on short, dense pile white carpeting - horrible). I strongly advise using grease to retard this flight and do this in a contained area. Thinking about this now, your initial strategy might be to use tape or something to hold these bearings down and in place (below the level of the receiver) while you try to drift in the pin (around which the strong left-right spring sits - that part likes to get airborne too). Then you could pull the tape out after the sight is on and then the balls could pop up. These little bearings make the adjustments very smooth, but I also found it a nasty surprise that a gun this expensive ships without something that sensitive installed (well, from some distributors).

For the front sight, you will want to invest in some blue loctite. It tends to shoot loose. That said, it's a fantastic sight picture.