Hold size in prone

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

EricP

Hold size in prone

Post by EricP »

I do not have access to any kind of hold analysis equipment, but sometimes I will practice with telescopic sights so I can see the size of my hold. I have messed with the position of my sling and made a couple other small adjustments in the past month or so. My hold has become much smaller as I have reduced the effects of my pulse.

I am just wondering how small the top shooters hold is in the prone position. What size hold should a shooter strive for in the prone position?

Thanks.

EricP
RobStubbs

Re: Hold size in prone

Post by RobStubbs »

EricP wrote:I do not have access to any kind of hold analysis equipment, but sometimes I will practice with telescopic sights so I can see the size of my hold. I have messed with the position of my sling and made a couple other small adjustments in the past month or so. My hold has become much smaller as I have reduced the effects of my pulse.

I am just wondering how small the top shooters hold is in the prone position. What size hold should a shooter strive for in the prone position?

Thanks.

EricP
Without sounding flippant, the smaller the better. Top shooters will (on scatt) spend most of their aiming time in the x-ring, or an area the size of it. So you deffinately need to be stable enough to hold the 10 ring, but smaller than that is much better. I don't think you can follow that through a scope though, and you'll likely end up muscling it about rather than leaving it settled.

Rob.