Need a solution for my nearsightedness.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

EricP

Need a solution for my nearsightedness.

Post by EricP »

I have heard that people use shooting glasses to help them focus on the foresight. Well I do not have a problem focusing on the foresight. Are shooting glasses used to help people see the target more clear. I understand that the target will never be completely in focus, but with my nearsightedness I can't even call it a defined blob.

I guess I am just wanting to find out if someone that is nearsighted could benefit from shooting glasses. Would they just be the same prescription as my regular glasses? Or would they be set up different?

Thanks for your help.

EricP
GOVTMODEL

Shooting Glasses

Post by GOVTMODEL »

The Knobloch site ( http://www.knobloch-schiessbrillen.de/allframes.html ) has an explanation. Basically, you want to correct for your myopia, any astigmatism you may have, the distance between the lens and your eye, and be looking through the center of the lens.
Martin Catley

Near sighted

Post by Martin Catley »

AS far as I can remember my wife who is near sighted used an amount of negative correction to get some definition of the aiming mark. It certainly worked for her to the point of representing our Country.
redial

Post by redial »

Eric, I am nearsighted and use lenses of different scripts for different applications.

My aiming eye is -1.25 so for aperture (match rifle) sights, I use a -.50 since I want to maintain a bit of the nearsightedness without correcting it completely away.

For Service Rifle (post front sight), I use a -.25 to be able to sharply focus on post or bull.

For iron sight pistol, I use a +.25 for a razor sharp post and a fuzzy bull but with a dot pistol, my usual street glasses work best.

Getting older means you have to get smarter, I'm finding!

Cheers

Mark