Pardini SP Specs

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mr alexander

Pardini SP Specs

Post by mr alexander »

I have a few questions about the .22 Pardini SP New. The info on websites of Larry's Guns and Pardini USA is rather sparse. Don't know anyone in my area who has 1 of these pistols. Is there a detailed website out there that could provide some answers? If not, maybe an SP owner could help out. Is SP an all steel pistol or are some parts made of aluminum or polymer? Which parts are made of which material? Latest version of pistol has 6 counterweights at muzzle end; what are they made of? Obviously SP will function with all 6 weights installed; is the same true if all 6 are removed? Is it okay to run pistol with an odd or even number of the
weights (1, 3, 4) out of the gun? Does it matter as to how many are being used? How long is the barrel? Is SP available in only 1 grip size or is there a choice of S-M-L-XL? Available in dedicated RH or LH versions? Five round magazines: all-steel parts or a mixture of different materials? Trigger-one stage or two and what are the trigger pull weights? I'm familiar with M-41 and HS Victor designs. Both of these pistols come from the factory with a sight rib that floats over the slide starting from the chamber end of the barrel rearward to the back of the pistol's frame. SP utilizes a barrel shroud; does it also float over the back end of pistol in a similar fashion as the M-41/Victor ribs do? Or is back end of barrel shroud fastened to some part of the frame? Are you using domestic or imported ammo in your Pardini? Any data on accuracy test results? I probably am going to forget a few questions that I would like to ask at this time. Feel free to add any other info. Sorry for going on so long. Thanks!
Brian G

.22 Pardini SP New

Post by Brian G »

Have a look at:

http://www.pardini.it/manuali/manuale_blu.pdf

starting at page 27 for exploded views, adjustments etc. I wish we could have them in the U.K. :-(
BEA

Pardini SP

Post by BEA »

The barrel shroud and frame are 1 piece aluminum. The bolt is steel. The entire bolt moves inside the shroud except for the finger pads that are used to pull it to the rear. The trigger is 2 stage and I do not know if it can be made into a single stage trigger. Any combination of weights will work fine as they only effect the balance and recoil characteristics. They have nothing to do with the functioning. They are made of some type of steel that is fairly heavy for their size. The only plastic parts that I can think are the magazine floor plate and cartridge follower. It is available in the typical grip sizes and L or R hand. I don't know the barrel length but that info is on the Pardini website. I have used Eley and CCI SV with no malfunctions to date. I got mine about this time last year and probably only have a couple thousand rounds through it. If I remember correctly, the accuracy standard for the SP is 15mm @ 25 meters. I have not tested mine because it seems to shoot where I point it so I have had no reason to question it. Hope this helps.
milevsport

Post by milevsport »

BEA provides clear anwers. Just to add some: The barrel length is 4 3/4 inch (120mm). The counterweight is made of aloy and standard weights are made of steel. There are optional tungsten weights, which are double in weight. They can be used in steel only, tungsten only, or any combination of both, as well as no weights at all. The best way to do it is to try all sorts of different combination and to figure out the one that works for you. It changes the balance and the recoil. The weights are supported bu springs, which let them to slide in the housing acting as active counterweight and thus reducing the recoil.
The trigger can be adjusted in wide range. There are 6 screws, which can change any aspect of the trigger. Again, the best is to adjust them to individual specifications. Be cautious and use no more than 1/8 turn. Check this for some more information on the trigger adjustments http://www.pardiniguns.com/technical-support
The rear sight has adjustable width blade. The trigger shoe can also be moved and adjusted to the shooter's preferences. Vladimir from Pardini USA welcomes questions and you can call him on (813) 748-3378.
Good Luck