Where to buy the "Norwegian sling"

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

bluetentacle

Where to buy the "Norwegian sling"

Post by bluetentacle »

Does anyone know where one would buy the special slings used in Norwegian national competition (fullbore)? These slings provides the functionality of a handstop and can be rapidly adjusted for the various positions.

If you don't quite know what I'm talking about, visit http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/656226/, drill down to 2010/Landskytterstevnet: Kvalifisering, del 1, 04.08.10, and watch anywhere in the middle.

The jackets used by the Norwegian shooters are special too. They look like Kustermanns, Stenvaag Scorpions, and Monards done up with a zipper on the weak side for quickly assuming the kneeling position without unbuttoning.
RossM

Post by RossM »

Curse!!!!!

I went looking for the sling and I think I see what you mean. They use the mid part of the lsing in prone and leave the handstop in the kneeling position. Could modify any sling by just taping up the sling at the appropriate spot. I did notice there were the old doubel point slings still being used. Not allowed in ISSF shooting.

Why did I curse? I watched the last 30 minutes of that video and even though I did not understand a word, I certainly figured out what the hell was going on. 10 shots in 75 seconds, have to change mags somewhere in the shoot and its head to head one at a time.

Killer. But great theatre. Good crowd and big screens for everyone to watch.