Hammerli 208S good time to sell?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Trailside

Hammerli 208S good time to sell?

Post by Trailside »

I have owned a Hammerli 208S for a number of years for occasional plinking at the range, I am not ever going to use it for true target shooting and thinking of selling it, I have the original box papers etc.

My question is it a good time to be selling these high price type of pistols in the current economy? and where would the best place to sell it
I also have something called a “manson” master rest grips just the moulded grip section not the rest assy, any value on those?
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

My guess, is it probably is not quite as good a time to sell as it would have been about four years ago. The economy tanking has led a lot of people to become more conservative about specialized expensive guns, that are not in current production. Replacement parts are expensive and there are only two places in the US you can get them. My guess is, depending on condition you could probably sell it for around 22 hundred if you have the original iron sights on it. If it does not, in order to get that same amount you would probably have to sell it with at least a Knapp mount to get that.
I had a friend who bought one at Canton this year He paid 2100, NIB. I thought that was a pretty good deal.
Trailside

Post by Trailside »

Thanks Isabel, your estimate not far off what I was hoping for, I do have the Knapp mount &scope plus iron sight intact still on the gun un disturbed, and 3 magazines, I see they alone are a high price so I now have a good idea where I should be looking at price.
Would Gun broker be a good place to sell? Being in TX I could walk it around the gun shows but maybe to high end for most customers there.
Misny

Post by Misny »

Although the economy is poor, these pistols still stay in high demand amongst serious competitors. The third mag. would raise the asking price by $60 or so. The Knapp mount would also raise the asking price $100-$125. If the gun is in really nice shape, you should be able to get $2,400 from a serious buyer who wants it for his/ her personal use.

Gun shows aren't the best places to try to sell specialized target guns and gear. You would do better to place it for sale here or http://bullseyepistol.forumotion.com/

I don't have any idea of the other item you ask about.
Trailside

Post by Trailside »

Thanks I have the box in excellent condition, extra weight, test tags, etc so a good package for the serious target shooter I am a plinker and it cuts out the bull nicely at 25yds including a shotgun pattern around that area! , the Ransom is a custom hard rubber mold for zero in the pistol for this 208/s only another special item to add, here a photo of the grip insert
Attachments
Ranson rest
Ranson rest
IMG_5802.jpg (51.27 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I am in agreement with Misney's estimate of what the extra stuff will bring. The ransom rest inserts should also sell easily. You should also try the google groups for bullseye L. I think a lot more people went with that rather than the web site,

http://groups.google.com/group/bullseye-l-list?pli=1
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

How bout listing it right here at Target Talk in the "Buy Sell Trade" area. After all this is a bullseye forum. Bet you get some quick pm's if the price is right. ... Best of luck
Trailside

Post by Trailside »

Thanks for all your responses.
Mass, I will give it a clean get a few photographs and think I will try it here first maybe next weekend should be able to get it on the board.
mtnbkr808

Post by mtnbkr808 »

I am interested. I just sent you an e-mail with my contact info.

Thanks Jeff
Misny

Post by Misny »

The new Ransom Rest inserts run about $48-$50. You might want to sell your used ones at a percentage of the new cost. Maybe $35-$40 would be an asking price.