Shooting boots

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TEN DOT

Shooting boots

Post by TEN DOT »

I shoot both air rifle and smallbore both 3p. As of right now I have the anschutz easy boots. They are the only boots I have ever shot with and I am not entirely happy with them. I don't like that the soles are not very stiff and also I have been looking at the Kurt thune boots and they advertise that the heel is very flat. My question is, does the extra stiffness and the fact that they are flatter justify the extra $240? Any feed back is welcome.
Ten dot
melina

Post by melina »

Stiffness is indeed an advantage, but flatness is more a matter of your personal preference and comfort. Some people say a flatter heel encourages natural balance in standing, but others are just more comfortable with a bit of elevation.

If you're shopping around, you might want to check out Corami boots. Center Shot Sports sells them (http://www.centershot.com). I just replaced a pair of painful Sauer boots with Corami boots, and they are 100% more comfortable on my feet - it was such a relief! Plus they come with a bunch of inserts, so you can try both a flatter and elevated heel and see what you like. Hope this helps![/url]