Has anyone made a 10 meter range at home.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jbshooter

Fortitudo Dei Setup

Post by jbshooter »

Another classic example of the oft-criticised but personally satisfying kiwi No.8 wire mentality. Congratulations.
wattsnot

Post by wattsnot »

Hello all, I was the original poster asking questions and thanks for all you ideas. I finished this project and am adding pictures. Put up a privacy fence even though I live on a acre because this spot can be viewed from the road. Even got a 45 yard range for the rifle if you look close enough. Thanks again.

superstring

Post by superstring »

Congratulations! It looks very cool. Great pictures too. Have fun! :-)
paulo

Post by paulo »

All year round pellet range
Attachments
Pellet Trap
Pellet Trap
pellet-trap.gif (32.77 KiB) Viewed 5127 times
Range
Range
The-Range.gif (16.4 KiB) Viewed 5127 times
ISSF Approved
ISSF Approved
SONY-10M-ISS-approved.gif (36.72 KiB) Viewed 5127 times
Scope
Scope
the-scope.gif (37.06 KiB) Viewed 5127 times
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

My concern with the privacy fence is you can't see someone about to step out from the fence behind your target.
The 10m target looks rather high. I think spec is 1.4m above the level of the shooting platform.
wattsnot

Post by wattsnot »

WOW!!!! I am sorry
Misny

Post by Misny »

Nice range! It looks like good wx to put some downrange, too! Did you make your target carrier system or buy it commercially?
wattsnot

Post by wattsnot »

Thanks for asking, no it is a Gehmann Manual Target Changer.
litz10x

My home range. . .in the shop

Post by litz10x »

10M range out in our shop.
lxvnrsw

Post by lxvnrsw »

Hey I'm looking to setup a small range in my apartment to allow me to shoot 10m AP. I've loved all the ranges I've seen thus far, but I'm looking for a simple (and inexpensive) range setup to let me get some trigger time in. I've got just shy of 10m along the diagonal of my apartment from the entry hallway, through the kitchen, and into the living room, and now all I need to do is hang a trap where I plan to shoot at.

But I need to know this:

What trap do you guys recommend (I've got a massive .22RF trap that weighs like 30 lbs, but I'd prefer to use something smaller and lighter if I'm going to hang it on my wall

What height should I hang the targets at? And where is that height measured to?

How should I measure off the distance to where I shoot?

And where is a good place to get 10m AP pistol targets that fit the pellet trap I end up using?
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

I'd like to know the recommended wattage for lighting the target?
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

"What trap do you guys recommend (I've got a massive .22RF trap that weighs like 30 lbs, but I'd prefer to use something smaller and lighter if I'm going to hang it on my wall"

Here's a solution that worked well for me. Take a trip to your local Home Depot or Lowes store and pick up the following.

1 - small, blank electrical circuit breaker box (around 14 x 10 x 4)
6-8 - 1lb. blocks of plumbers putty
1 - medium paper binder clip.

Mold the plumbers putty into the back wall of the electrical box and screw the binder clip to the front, top of the box to hang the paper targets from.
This will make a small, portable, light-weight and SILENT target trap that works well for practice. Periodically you can dig out the spent pellets, push the putty back in place and you're back in business.
lxvnrsw

Post by lxvnrsw »

That's a really good idea BarryB, especially since I'll be shooting in an apartment where noise control is very important.

Anyone know where to get 10AP targets, how high to hang them (as measured to where), and how to define exactly from where on is supposed to shoot?
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

lxvnrsw wrote:....how high to hang them (as measured to where), and how to define exactly from where on is supposed to shoot?
That's all in the rules.

http://www.issf-sports.org/theissf/rules.ashx

Firing line is 10m from the target face, and your toes have to be behind that line. Target height is 1.4 m ( plus or minus 0.05m) to the center of the target/bull.

As for targets, you can download and print your own (paper tears more than punches holes), or buy from our host among a dozen other places.

http://www.pilkguns.com/masprlist.htm#edelmann
paulo

Post by paulo »

toddinjax wrote:I'd like to know the recommended wattage for lighting the target?
http://www.issf-sports.org/theissf/rule ... ebook.ashx

page 210

(these are 2009 rules, but will give you guidance for lighting rules)
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Similar to Fortitudo, my range in in the crawlspace under my house, except the target end is really a "crawl" space. So I had to rig up a target carrier also. Mine was made from various parts from Home Depot, very low tech. Under the 1x8 below the pully is a hand crank. A motor would be nice but the hand crank was "good enough."
Attachments
composite-a.jpg