Larry Pardini Scope Mount

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

gulliver62

Larry Pardini Scope Mount

Post by gulliver62 »

Can someone post a pic of the Larry's Guns Pardini scope mount?
No picture on the web site and I would like to compare it to the BME.

thanks
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

Which Pardini? I've got a GT45 with the Don Nygord developed. I got it from Larry soon after he took that over. It might have changed, I don't know.

It is a bridge mount similar to the Weigand 1911 frame mount.

Steve Turner
red930turbo

Re: Larry Pardini Scope Mount

Post by red930turbo »

gulliver62 wrote:Can someone post a pic of the Larry's Guns Pardini scope mount?
No picture on the web site and I would like to compare it to the BME.

thanks
Mount for Pardini SP

TonyT

Post by TonyT »

Pardon, hit the button twice.
Last edited by TonyT on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

red930turbo,
I cannot picture how the mount fits.
Does that mount slip over the rib on the Pardini SP or does it just sit atop the rib?
I assume it requires removal of the rear sight.
I see two screws - do you have to drill and tap the receiver or remove the front sight and attach to the barrel?
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

I preusme this is for a SP22? ... If so,

Could you just mount the rings onto the existing dovetail rail?
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I purchsed my Pardini SP from Don Nygord a number of years ago. He shaved some metal off the bottom of the aluminum ADCO rings and I used then with a red dot mounted on that thin Pardini rail. It worked well for me.
red930turbo

Post by red930turbo »

Sorry for the delayed response. I never used Larry's mount on the SP New pistol I have and sold it because of that. I just use Millett vertical split aluminum rings which will fit into the rail grooves on top.

The mount did not come with instructions, but long ago someone thoughtfully posted some on Larry's website as a review of the mount.

Here is what he said.

"The mount is nicely made and finished. It sits on top of the receiver and wraps around the dovetail grooves. It neither slides into the front site dovetail nor the receiver’s dovetail grooves. It is attached to the barrel shroud by two screws. In the shroud, near the back, there is a hole with a plug that looks like a setscrew for the barrel and another threaded hole under the front sight. If you have these, then you don’t need to drill and tap. To remove the front sight, loosen the setscrew and slide it off. To use this mount, you will need to remove the front sight and very likely the rear sight. The rear sight rides on a rod and pivots on a pin. To get to the rear sight you remove the grip by unscrewing a hex bolt in the bottom (try a 4 mm). On the rod rests a spring, which will have to rest on the rod when installed onto the mount. Knock out the pin and pull the rear sight off. Since Larry pressed a rod into the mount I had no need to remove the old rod and install it onto the mount, but you may have to. Put the sight onto the rod remembering the spring and put the pin back in. You can put the grip back on. Remove the front sight, remove the plug, screw in the two screws, put the front sight onto the mount and you are done. "

I hope that helps. I just chose to use the Millett rings, and you might have file the bottom edges of them for a good fit into the rail grooves. And then put a some loctite on the edges to prevent the rings from moving along the rail grooves even fully tightened.

From a Pardini catalog, a pic of the mount:

TonyT

Post by TonyT »

red930turbo,
Thanks for the helpfukl description.
Tony