Centra High End glass element ring width?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

emilio

Centra High End glass element ring width?

Post by emilio »

Hello:

I want to buy one Centra High Glass element for my front sight to have a clear target vision.
Actually I use the original plastic insert (M18, 3.8 diameter) in my Air rifle (Walther LG300XT), but I don´t know the equivalent ring width in the centra high glass element.
I don´t want to change the size of the plastic element I´m using, so I will buy a 3.8 mm glass element, but I don´t know in which thickness, because the high end have a range from 1 to 1.4mm.
What can be the equivalent thickness for the plastic element I actually have? Maybe 1.2mm?
I don´t have acces to try one in my city, I will buy it on line (International order).
Thanks in advance for your advice and sorry my english.
Emilio
Mexico City
tenring

Post by tenring »

yes 1.2 is what was recommended to me and I like it. 1.2 will be slightly thicker than the pink Anschutz inserts.

Tenring.
emilio

Post by emilio »

Thanks a lot.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Emilio,

While it sounds like you are using the Walther insert the ring, on the pink Anschutz inserts the ring thickness is basically 1.0mm. The factory Walther insert might be similar.

3.8mm for air rifle (assuming normal barrel length and front sight location) sounds a little on the small side. Have you tried larger? You might like it.

The larger the ring of white between the bull and the aperture ring the larger the aperture ring can be and the sight picture will still look balanced. 1.1 or 1.2 would appear thicker than stock but should be fine. For a standard length sight system 1.3 and up would likely appear heavy.

Much like "tenring" while it looks a little funny at first, I prefer a slightly thicker aperture ring. I however also have "old" eyes.

'Dude
emilio

Post by emilio »

justadude wrote:Emilio,

While it sounds like you are using the Walther insert the ring, on the pink Anschutz inserts the ring thickness is basically 1.0mm. The factory Walther insert might be similar.

3.8mm for air rifle (assuming normal barrel length and front sight location) sounds a little on the small side. Have you tried larger? You might like it.

The larger the ring of white between the bull and the aperture ring the larger the aperture ring can be and the sight picture will still look balanced. 1.1 or 1.2 would appear thicker than stock but should be fine. For a standard length sight system 1.3 and up would likely appear heavy.

Much like "tenring" while it looks a little funny at first, I prefer a slightly thicker aperture ring. I however also have "old" eyes.

'Dude
Hello:

Thanks a lot for your comment: I have some plastic elements (3.6 - 4.2 ), I tried all, and the best for me is the 3.8, that´s the reason to buy the glass element in this size. The ring thickness is a new parameter in my "little target universe", but I will try with the 1.2.