Odd sight picture problem - any ideas?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rjjr

Post by rjjr »

She has been to the eye doctor over the summer. I'm tending to think there is no astigmatism problem as she stated that the bull and front aperture are perfectly round.

I've been away for a few days so I'm catching up with the posts. Thanks! I like the pinhole test. Now that I think of it she does have a blinder on her oposite eye which may be causing exactly what your test will show. The blinder may be causing an artifact in her right eye.

Rick
RossM

Post by RossM »

Hi
I don't think a blinder over the other eye will be the issue. But I had a trial with my rifle after thinking about it and I'd seriously look at the upper bridge of the right side of the nose / inner eyebrow coming down too low. It certainly gives a 4 oclock flat on my backsight!!!!
Telecomtodd

Post by Telecomtodd »

OK, here's yet another idea. One thing you mentioned is the circle she draws is "almost round". Where is it not round? 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00? If it is at 12:00, keep reading...

Looking closely at her picture, her head does not appear to be perfectly vertical, and although we can't see where her iris truly is, it appears to be at the top of her eyelid. This may sound really odd, but is it possible that she's getting some shading from thick eye lashes? No, I'm not crazy - I have actually seen this happen before with girls who are either very dark haired or who use a LOT of eye makeup. What Pay McCoy said was good - pull out the cheekpiece and get her out of position - verify a 90-degree view into the sight, making sure her eye lashes are out of her line of sight. Remember, she's not in position for this simple test. Let us know if she can now see a circle.
SMP

Post by SMP »

I know this is an older thread but I have this exact same problem. And after looking at the girls picture I have the same eyelids, slightly heavy with a fold.

I use a piece of tape above my eye to put a bit of tension on the skin because mine can occlude 25%.