FWB 65

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Misny

FWB 65

Post by Misny »

I recently purchased a FWB 65 air pistol. After replacing the breech seal, this thing really shoots! I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Does the little white nylon piece at the breech really need to be replaced, as long as the pistol shoots very well? Mine is deteriorated. I understand that it is a safety feature which keeps the pistol from being shot when out of battery.

2. My trigger has a little hitch feeling before it is ready to fire. I have adjusted the screws to go from a crisp trigger to roll trigger and adjusted the weight down a little. That seemed to help, but I still notice it. How can I get rid of the hitch?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

1. Does the little white nylon piece at the breech really need to be replaced, as long as the pistol shoots very well? Mine is deteriorated. I understand that it is a safety feature which keeps the pistol from being shot when out of battery.
That little white nylon piece you mentioned is called a piston buffer and it needs to be there to prevent the piston from slamming in front and damaging the gun.

If it is possible, you should disassemble the pistol, clean the internals and see if that eliminates the hitch.

Kevin
Misny

Post by Misny »

Thanks Kevin. How is the piston buffer replaced? Does the gun have to be disassembled?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Misny wrote:Thanks Kevin. How is the piston buffer replaced? Does the gun have to be disassembled?
To replace the piston buffer you should disassemble your gun because there is a possibility that the piston seal also needs to be replaced.

The older seals that FWB produced were made of poor materials and even when not in use, will self deteriorate over time.

The newer seals are green in color and should last longer.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mike,
I have done two of these that the high school team I coached had. If you need any help please call me. I don't make it over to the gun club much but, am working on that!
Ted Malone
Misny

Post by Misny »

Thanks for all the help.
Gnr527

Post by Gnr527 »

Search for posts by Cones - Mark did a very good article on overhauling the FWB65
Cones

Post by Cones »

Hi,

Yes the link to my strip down guide is here.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... u-Model-65

The small plastic pip below the breech seal is responsible for resetting the trigger safety interlock. If it is worn the trigger may not function correctly and it may even damage the pistol. It should be replaced ASAP.

HTH

Mark
Misny

Post by Misny »

Thank you for the link Cones. I did do a search on this site and only came up with your posts re: the FWB 103.

I appreciate the photography (first class) and the effort you put forth in making the strip down guide for the FWB 65.
tdrew

Take down of fwb mk 65 and removing barrel from receiver

Post by tdrew »

Misny wrote:Thank you for the link Cones. I did do a search on this site and only came up with your posts re: the FWB 103.

I appreciate the photography (first class) and the effort you put forth in making the strip down guide for the FWB 65.
All these photographas are very helpful, but does anyone know how to take the barrel off from the receiver? To do the complete refinishing, you need to remove the barrel to reblue it, and to repaint the receiver. Im thinking there has to be a fairly straight forward way to do this, but it isn't obvious to me right now.
Please reply to
tdrew44816@comcast.net

Thanks,
Terry Drew