High Standerd/Miliatry

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

firefirst

High Standerd/Miliatry

Post by firefirst »

Is this a good gun??? for bullseye or a plinker and what are the other ones citation and I know there is others, are they the top of the line
Trooperjake

high standard military

Post by Trooperjake »

If it is the supermatic, it is more than good for bullseye....
gulliver62

excellent gun

Post by gulliver62 »

Top of the line is a matter of opinion (maybe a Hammerli 208?)
The High Standard is an excellent gun
My experience is with the older guns made in Hamden or E. Hartford. I shot 2 Victors for years and they were excellent. The Bull barrel and fluted barrel (Citation or Trophy) are also excellent.

I am not sure which it the 'military' (HD Military maybe?). All the guns mentioned above have the 'military' grip.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

There is a lot of difference between older Hamden High Standards, New High Standards, and the middle ones that were made in Hartford, with the earlier ones made in Hartford OK and the later ones made in Hartford iffy. I have heard that they are making better new model guns now but I will have to see one first.
Levergun59

High Standard pistols

Post by Levergun59 »

The guns produced in Hamden were the best. Even the non-military gripped Citation was rediculiously accurate. The later HS's with the allen screwed barrel were OK, but it was a crap shoot as the quality was sometimes not all there. The early Arizona guns were garbage. The most important item in a Hamden was an original clip. The knockoff clips were terrible. Some wouldn't even insert in the mag well. Hope this helps.
Chris