ISSF disciplines timer

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

johny_r

ISSF disciplines timer

Post by johny_r »

Hi,
I am looking for a device that would allow training of timed disciplines (standard pistol, sport pistol) on a range without automatic/turning targets. Something that would beep or light when the targets are facing/edging and possibly also record the shots, so that I see if I am late and how much. I found this gadget that seems to do the trick but doesn't do the recording part:
http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/ind ... cts_id=343

Than there is the CED7000 timer that should be possible to programme for the desired timer function but seems not to have headphone output or light output, so that I do not disturb other shooters by the beeps.
And after all, both devices are quite expensive.

Is there any other possibility?

Thanks a lot.
Finprof

Post by Finprof »

If you are just looking for a timer, any MP3 player will work. You can record the range commands yourself to the MP3 player or download them. I don't know where the ISSF commnads are but you can download the range commands for NRA conventional pistol at the Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol website.

You can listen on headphones if other shooters are around or you can plug the MP3 player into a $15 external battery-powered amplifier and speaker.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

I understand there is a timer program for smart phones but not sure how to get it. Maybe some others are familiar with this and can chime in. I would like to know where to get it as well
keith

Post by keith »

I just shoot Bullseye and 10m as a hobby but I do use a timer to keep it true to sport.....I bought a programmable timer at Radio Shack for about $6.00 I beleave .....It is a count down style timer and it beeps once the time has expired.......during my timed and rapid fire portions I Just hold it in my hand and hit the start button ,during my slow fire or 10m stuff it just sits on the bench in front of me ......Not high tech but like I said I just shoot as a hobby but still want it to be right......keith
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

In sport pistol, during the dueling or rapid fire stage, you have 3 seconds to fire shot, seven seconds to bring it back to ready and the 3 seconds to shoot starts over until you have fired 5 rounds.
I use count down timers but something with an audible tone or some visual cue helps for this type of training.
keith

Post by keith »

I forgot one thing ,you can also check into the timers that they use for IDPA shooting and such but I'm not 100% sure that is what your after.....
biggles1024

Post by biggles1024 »

The mp3's hosted here [url]http://www.nrc-pa.com/resources.htm#_MP3_Files
[/url]
might not be exactly what you want, but they could get you started.

Cheers,
johny_r

Post by johny_r »

Thank you all. I am thinking of getting CED8000 timer that has the possibility to set the beeps to the desired timing, has the headphone output and also can record the shooting times, so I can see if I am shooting at the optimal timepoint. However, I may start with the MP3s before I get the timer.

Thanks again.