Advice needed on trigger and grips for Ruger MKIII

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

USMC0802

Advice needed on trigger and grips for Ruger MKIII

Post by USMC0802 »

Can everyone chime in and let me know where the best sources are for a trigger job and grips?
Should I send the pistol off to get the trigger done or can I purchase drop in parts that will do just as good?
drvoyles

Post by drvoyles »

I would suggest that you send the Ruger to Roddy Toyota. He did a beautiful 2.5# trigger on mine, has a quick turn around time and is very reasonable in what he charges.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

Do you have contact or website info so I can look into him? I did a search, found lots of info, but no contact or web page
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

No other advice out there for having a trigger lightened on a Mark III or a Buckmark?

I saw some target grips on the Volquartsen sight. Is there any other source for grips?

Anyone have contact info for Roddy?
keith

Post by keith »

You can go to the Volquatrzen web sight and order a trigger kit, all you really need is the trigger and sear . you can also get a sam's bushing to remove the mag disconector which will further improve the trigger pull . a word of caution on the sams bushing if you shoot registered B.E. matches the removal of the mag dis. is not allowed .......grip wise check out Herritt national match stocks....... I did the above to my MKIII and my trigger is right at 2.25-2.50 lbs its also impossible to remove al the creep from the trigger as there needs to be some tolerance to allow the trigger system to reset for the next shot......I also have the herritt national target stocks like them alot.......I myself dont shoot any registered matches or leagues Bullseye and 10meter Air Pistol is a hobby for me so I'm not worried about trigger mods makeing the pistol illegal for matches .....I dont think you'll find much Ruger or Browning help on this sight ....Most of these guys shoot some pretty high dollar stuff .....Pardini....walther...etc.....
enjoy your ruger ....Ive shot many high expert level scores will mine ....
One more thing check out Rimfire Central and Bullseye's gun talk on line and I think you'll find all the ruger and browning tricks and tips......keith
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

thanks for the info Keith.
I shoot a Morini RF but shot a Ruger the other day for fun and want to get one and make it as good as possible to shoot for fun and for training some of the juniors.
keith

Post by keith »

Any time............Keith
bob v

Post by bob v »

Kieth, can you give me a link to the sam's bushing. I was going to make one but if I can buy one and save myself the trouble, I'm in.
Thanks, Bob V
cleantarget10x

Ruger Work

Post by cleantarget10x »

toyotaroddy@juno.com 541-744-9280 Available 7AM to 7PM seven days a week
Sc0

Post by Sc0 »

As mentioned above, you can do the trigger job yourself and if still unhappy can send it out.

On a 22/45 I used a Volq trigger and Sear but kept the OEM hammer and hammer spring. Had to stone the new sear as the cast/machine marks were a little lop-sided. (At the time the VQ hammer was reported as having horrible QC issues.) The VQ trigger has a wider surface area and once you set the overtravel you have a nice screw sticking out in the middle to help muscle memory.

Since I have a 22/45 I chopped the frame to use 1911 grips, not necessary to do now as Ruger has that offering straight from the factory now. For the MKII and MKIII's I have seem some nice VQ grips and "Target"ergo/match grips that look REAL sweet.. (Herrett, Morini, etc.)
Sled_Dog

Post by Sled_Dog »

For grips I went with Altamont walnut target grips, about $65 direct. Fit well, comfy, fills the hand. They're not the real big style like the Volquartsen olympic style.
jackh

Re: Ruger Work

Post by jackh »

cleantarget10x wrote:toyotaroddy@juno.com 541-744-9280 Available 7AM to 7PM seven days a week

Roddy does great triggers on my MkII. Much better results than the Volq drop in parts.