MatchGuns worried over the low MG2 sales to this country !

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

David Levene wrote:All of the comments since 2008 have been complimentary. As you say, "I wonder why?????".
If the whole course of events had taken place in 1955 or 1960, I would not wonder, but would ascribe it to listening to one's customers carefully, to LEARNING, and to getting one's act together.

But since this olden attitude does not exist anymore anywhere (and has not existed for decades), I must indeed wonder what happened after 2008. Brain-washing by a cult? An extra-terrestrian landing, Daleks with arms?

Alexander
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

is there anyone in the US who sells MG pistols?
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

USMC0802 wrote:is there anyone in the US who sells MG pistols?
I think Neal Stepp does:

http://www.iss-internationalshootersservice.com/
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

He does have 2 but refuses to sell MG pistols any longer. One of the 2 belongs to a customer and the other belongs to him. Both have problems and he has had trouble getting them repaired and has to go through Gehmann to have it done. He has been trying for months, to my understanding, so he therfore refuses to sell them them any longer. I'm starting to think they aren't sold in the US any longer.
Seem like a good pistol if you can get one that works
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

It depresses me, but doesn't surprise me. A lot of the reports are that Match Guns is pretty good about fixing the guns - IF you can get it to them. With U.S. laws, that means import/export paperwork.

If Match Guns intends to sell in the U.S. market, they are going to have to get some sort of repair capability established in the United States.

It's a pity, too. I'm interested in the MG2, but can't afford to spend $2K on a non-repairable gun.
TomAmlie

Matchguns US market/service

Post by TomAmlie »

I've repeatedly extolled the virtues of my MG-2. It has performed flawlessly for several years and thousands of rounds, and I've defended Matchguns quality on this forum repeatedly.

However.....

I'm beginning to think that since they no longer have an active distributor in the US Matchguns has no interest in helping with their products here. (Since they won't sell any more product here, why worry about this market?) Repeated emails have been unanswered for months. My MG5, which has never functioned properly, is now apparently a $1,600 doorstop. (a figure of speech for something that has no other functional value).
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Between the BATF aNd the US State Department they make it pretty tough to do business in the US. Especially if you're a small manufacture (which a company that only builds target pistols is). Someone like Walther has the resources to deal with the bureaucracy. I know order stuff out of the US to Canada is getting more and more ridicules and it's on the US end. It's usually far easier to get the same stuff out of Europe.

Tom have you been trying to get a hold of them this summer? If so many European companies basically shut down over the summer and their employees actually go on vacations. Yes I know that is a strange concept both in the US and Canada.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Richard H wrote: Tom have you been trying to get a hold of them this summer? If so many European companies basically shut down over the summer and their employees actually go on vacations. Yes I know that is a strange concept both in the US and Canada.
I have not posted any questions or comments publicly prior to this for just that reason. I've been happy so far, so I didn't want to jump to any conclusions. I haven't heard back from them since I sent them a message on June 10, which is more than 9 weeks ago. 4 weeks or 6 weeks, or even 8 weeks of vacation I can understand, but it seems that someone would check the email!

I hope I am wrong, but I think I'm justified in being uneasy. If they come through for me I'll be sure to let everyone know.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

There use to be a guy that checked in here from Matchguns, I dont remember his name. Maybe someone else does and has a contact for you.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

richard if my memory is correct user kalz is stefano calzetti.
TomAmlie matchguns has two emails
info@matchguns.com and
cesaremorini@matchguns.com
you could try to forward your original email to the second email address.
i had to email them twice about the ammo my mg-2 was tested with but it was in the middle of a wc event so perhaps they just overlooked it the first time.
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

FYI: At the recent Canadian National Pistol Matches in Calgary, we had three Match Guns entered, one 50 metre and two rapidfire MG2 electronics. Only one of the rapidfire MG2s made it through the matches. The MG1 refused to fire, and one rapidfire pistol packed it in as well. The later was the national rapidfire champion who had come into gun check extolling the wonders of his new guns. He went back to his rapidfire Pardini and won the match.

Dr Jim
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

That's a shame the Matchguns aren't functioning or being serviced to make them function. I'd like to see more maufacturers trying new ideas.