Benelli MP59E Extractor Removal

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

kurais

Benelli MP59E Extractor Removal

Post by kurais »

I've been having problems ejecting on my MP95E and upon inspection of the extractor, I noticed it is a little worn. I have purchased a new one, but have no idea how to get the old one out. I looked at the assembly drawing in the manual, but can't figure it out. It looks like it can just be pulled out, but I'm not certain. Anybody know?
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

If you push straight back on 046P with a tiny screwdriver and wiggle 045P it will fall out. When you put the new one in, make sure that 046P has its notch to the inside and push 045P in line with the spring and it will click into place. It the plunger doesn't have the notch inwards the extractor (046P) will fall out again. Hard to explain just typing words but very easy to do. Don't give up. -- Bill --
kurais

Post by kurais »

Works like a charm! Thanks Oldcaster!
oldcaster

Benelli 90 -95 firing pin

Post by oldcaster »

Another thing that probably will cause you trouble is the firing pin. It might be a good idea to get a spare so you aren't caught short. There has been talk that if the back of the pin is curved so it is struck in the center every time and not on the edges, it will last longer. I broke my first pin on my 95 .22 and on my 90 32. They are both rounded now and I haven't had trouble for a year or so, but I don't know about long term. Obviously I try not to dryfire, but ocasionally make a mistake. I also still have an extra of each. They are simple to install and no instructions are needed.-- Bill --
MyJuliet

Post by MyJuliet »

great interview! Thanks for the news..

Benelli 90 -95 firing pin

Post by radman »

They say that timing is everything...I was just about to search how to replace the extractor in my MP 90 but decided to relax tonight first by reading the TT forums...Thanks Oldcaster !
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

It might pay to round the corners on the new extractor if your last one got knocked out. The front edge on them is pretty sharp and there is no reason for it to be that way. -- Bill --