Part desciption for 'buffer'

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
r042wal

Part desciption for 'buffer'

Post by r042wal »

In the parts breakdown for the SP1 electronic, what is the part number for the buffer mentioned in this thread?

I have a new SP1 Electronic with about 100 rounds. It occasinally tries to eject a casing while feeding a new bullet and jambs. Any ideas? I am using RWS Target Pistol. Should I wait until I have more rounds through it?
Patrick Haynes

Post by Patrick Haynes »

Hi.

About 100 rounds through a gun and it really isn't broken in. It may also have crud in it from shipping, so make sure that it has had a complete inspection, cleaning and oiling before you go any further.

When I get a new gun (several Pardini SPs in the house), I get some higher velocity rounds (cheap but not crap) and dump 300-500 rounds through it. Go out several times and practice sustained fire: timed, rapid, whatever. Get the rounds through the gun to work it in. If the problem doesn't clear up or diminish over time,

Note: it the gun seems to have something obviously broken, or presents a safety hazard (doubles or triples), don't follow this advice. Box it up and take it to the dealer or a gunsmith.

Hope that helps.
Patrick
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

Buffer should be the shock absorber, gree plastic ring on the back of the gun. Part number is 717. If your SP1 is new, than you probably have the new bolt, with integrated shock absorber in it. If so, than you don't have the buffer and don't need it.

Regarding the jams, probably the balance between the bolt weight, recoil spring weight and ammo power is not right. What bolt you have on it, is it the rapid fire or the standard bolt?

You can check a few things:
1. Try it with different ammo.
2. Check the ejector - it is the highest point on the magazine. If one side of it is weared, than maybe it is brushing against a side of the slot it is in. If that's the case, adjust the ejector with plyers.
3. Try to put a drop of oil on the top round in the mag. Don't overwork it, since you don't want ANY oil back on the electronic trigger unit. You will need to clean the gun more often, but it is common practice in Rapid Fire Pistol to do this.
3. Try it with different recoil spring.
You can always call us at Pardini USA for specific information and support. We import and service only Pardini Pistols.
(813) 361-3534 - Emil
info@PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com
Good luck
r042wal

Did some experimenting

Post by r042wal »

Last night I sprayed a little G96 on the slide and put 100 rounds of CCI standard through. Not one jamb! I'll break it in with my CCI and hope after that my RWS Target Pistol works. I just bought a case of that because it works so well in my Walther SSP.