Beretta Neos for bullseye .22

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dthughes

Neos

Post by dthughes »

I've been shooting a Ruger MkII for many years now. Stock trigger and the like. Very good pistol and quite accurate. Trigger is acceptable. Got a Neos at a gun show recently because it was (a) inexpensive, (b) interesting looking, (c) made by Beretta -- and I like their reputation, and (d) inexpensive.
Grabbed some Wolf Target Match, PMC Rifle Match, and assorted other store-brand 22lr amunition and headed to the range. Out of the box it is shooting about 18" low at 50 feet (bottom of a b8 target when pointing at the center). Everything fed without a flaw and there were no misfires. Got a couple of cases down the front of my shirt, suggesting extractor/ejector could use some tuning -- or stick to higher velociety ammo.
Trigger is, as said by some here and by virtually everyone on the Beretta forums, uncertain. On mine it is creepy as any trigger I've ever seen: loooonnnng pull, then strong stacking until eventually it breaks at about 4 to 6 pounds (estimating). On the trip back to the stop the trigger feels like it's dragging over a coarse grinding stone without oil.
Bottom line for me: At $250 it has potential for a cheap tackle-box gun. I may play with it some more at bullseye distances and try to figure out what I can polish in the trigger assembly. Found the carbine conversion kit most interesting. . .
Dave