FWB 601 Front Sight plastic Inserts - Need Help

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dsaptarshi

FWB 601 Front Sight plastic Inserts - Need Help

Post by dsaptarshi »

Hello everyone,

Is anyone here already used Slimline Inserts for their FWB 601 ?

Mr. Ray makes two size for FWB, one is 17.2 mm and another one is 19.8 mm. Per manual my Front Sight accepts 16mm Inserts, So not sure if 17.2 mm will poperly fit in my sight or not. I heard some peoples already used slimline product in their Feinwerkbau without any issue, so Just want to make sure the size, before I confirm my order to Mr. Ray

I Sincerely appreciate any help or information on this.

Regards
Datta
justadude

Post by justadude »

I am not sure what the manual reference to 16mm would be.

The stock FWB 601 front sight tunnel is set up with an M18 thread. I use an older style Anschutz clamping ring and the Anschutz light pink front apertures in mine. The Anschutz apertures measure out at 17.22mm on their outside step. I am not familiar with the "Slimline" insert but I expect you would be fine with the 17.2

In the "oh by the way" column, any front sight aperture (adjustable or otherwise) set up for the M18 thread system should screw into your front sight tunnel.

'Dude
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

The FWB 300 series had 16-mm diameter forsight tunnels. Early 600 and 601 air rifles had the 16-mm tunnel but later production of the 601 had the 18-mm tunnel. the last productionn 603 had the 22-mm tunnel.
I think the 18-mm is what you have which gives you the biggest choice for different inserts and adjustable foresights on the market.

My old 601 came with a 16-mm tunnel but I changed the tunnel to an 18-mm, much better sight picture.

JSB
dsaptarshi

Post by dsaptarshi »

My apologies for replying late. Thanks to Dude and JSB for clarifying my doubt. Yes I also think that 17.2 mm will work fine in my 601, and I placed my order to Mr. Ray for the same. I will post the results once I receive it.