Air pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I think Doc226 hit on a good point about biting the bullet and buying one. Not necessarily for you... but from all the pistols bought and sold here and on other forums between members (I bought my 46m that way, only very slightly used) it would seem to be a popular way to find your ideal pistol. Not the easiest, cheapest way, but the default when people are so scattered around the globe and not usually close to a busy club.

Some clubs do offer pistols to rent or borrow however, so if you can call around and find such a club near enough to you, that would be a great opportunity. I've just joined the Richmond Rod & Gun Club near my town and while I don't know what sorts of pistols they offer for trial yet (not really interested - I REALLY like my 46m!), it seems they do offer a variety of not too ancient pistols to try for $1/session. I'm sure other clubs must do similar things for members or visitors. And other shooters at a club session might also be willing to lend you theirs for a few shots, just to give you a taste. Expect in such a case to listen well to all the many reasons a given shooter is in love with their weapon of course, as people often do like talking about their personal favourites.
twojnar

Post by twojnar »

Darkhorse, I was able to compare my guns side by side because my coach/friend happened to have a Steyr which I was considering buying, so I took mine there and compared the two and picked what worked best for me. Good luck!
Teresa
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

LP10 162EI or P44? All are OK But, P44 is light and that can be a nice thing some time.
There are an alternative though, anyone tried this yet?
http://www.issf-sports.org/news/the_magazine.ashx#/76/
Kent
Rover

Post by Rover »

From your pistol choices I'd guess you drank the PCP Kool-Aid. Check out what our host (Pilk...above) has to say about the CO2 guns. I personally really like the SSPs, such as the Pardini K58, FWB 100 series, and Walther LPM1.

You can find any of the above far cheaper and they WILL perform equally well. Count on it!
pauln

Post by pauln »

Rover is right , but finding those SSP is not that easy lol
peterz

Post by peterz »

Last fall I shifted from CO2 to PCP. The principal reason was that it saved more than 250 grams, and given my back problems, that was a major improvement. I admit that I like the feel of the recoil absorber and the fact that if the muzzle appears to jump, I know that was my fault.

People change guns for all kinds of reasons. Don't knock it: it keeps the factories in business, and without that support the sport would die.

Seriously there isn't a competition grade pistol on the market that won't outshoot 95-99% of us. The differences are how it feels in the hand, at the end of your arm, and how you like the work of the designer who styled the gun. The Russian SSP that I have as a spare gun is nice, but having to cock it tires my arms a lot more than either a CO2 or a PCP. I note that I'm 70 with a bad back and a neck that's been through a lot of surgery. Your mileage will almost surely differ, and your needs surely will.

-pete