Air pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Darkhorse

Air pistols

Post by Darkhorse »

I need a new Air pistol and been looking at the Morini Titanium, Pardini K10 and Feinwerkbau P44. I would like some feedback on grip quality, balance, recoil, trigger feel etc.....Thanks
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

All of the pistols you have mentioned are capable of achieving perfect scores, but it is up to you to decide which pistol suits you best.

I have the Steyr LP-10 airpistol and i have to say it's the best feeling airpistol i have, but you may like the electronic trigger of the Morini...
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

You are going to have a hard time getting any useful information. The guns on your shopping list are all competitive and whether a shooter prefers one to another will be highly subjective. In other words, YMMV.

Personally, I have only shot the Morini CM162 EI and I see no reason to go looking for a better gun.

I will point out that there was a recent discussion on the merits of the standard Morini vs. Morini Titanium and the general conclusion was that the "improvement" is probably cosmetic. Although no poster on that thread had actually handled the Titanium model, the fact that the Morini web site did not say anything definitive about how it is superior and the physics of the Ti parts vs. the standard steel parts didn't add up seemed to point to marketing as the reason for the upgrade.

Roger
Rover

Post by Rover »

Whichever gun you choose, remember that pinstriping will increase horsepower.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Rover wrote:Whichever gun you choose, remember that pinstriping will increase horsepower.
How many times do I have to tell you that pinstriping only improves aerodynamic efficiency? It has nothing to do with horsepower!

For raw horsepower, chrome muffler bearings improve the constructive interference. Doubly so if you decide to go with the Reciprocating Dinglearm.
j-team

Post by j-team »

john bickar wrote:
Rover wrote:Whichever gun you choose, remember that pinstriping will increase horsepower.
How many times do I have to tell you that pinstriping only improves aerodynamic efficiency? It has nothing to do with horsepower!

For raw horsepower, chrome muffler bearings improve the constructive interference. Doubly so if you decide to go with the Reciprocating Dinglearm.
Either way, the Pardin K10 wins the stripey race!
twojnar

Post by twojnar »

I agree with the others. They're all top of the line guns, but I think the only way to decide would be to try each one out, side by side if possible, so you compare one to the other first hand. If you're not able to do that just test each one out separately and see which one you feel most comfortable with. I recently did that with the Steyr and the Morini and was able to decide that I liked the feel and balance of the Morini better. Good luck!
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

I started with a loaner CM162EI before buying an MG1E. The MG1E balance was never right for me and I preferred the Morini sight picture (MG1E is the only airpistol I have ever shot a 50 with!) but the MG1E trigger was nice. So then sold MG1E and bought a Feinwerkbau P44 - Sights excellent in terms of picture but adjustments were too fine for me also didn't like the trigger but the balance was good, tried a LP10 but didn't like the sight picture and preferred electronic trigger on air pistols.
Now after 1.5 years I'm back to the loaner CM162EI - its the best compromise of sight picture, balance and trigger - FOR ME.
Try as many as you can before you buy.
Doc226

Post by Doc226 »

That is like asking do you prefer blondes, brunettes or redheads? Personally I would Ty to handle each before deciding (guns not the women) ;)
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Doc226 wrote:That is like asking do you prefer blondes, brunettes or redheads? Personally I would Ty to handle each before deciding (guns not the women) ;)
Um, is something wrong with handling women? Assuming they're amenable, of course, and there are no spouses hanging about, I would regard that as a pleasurable activity nearly on a par with shooting a well set up AP.

Roger
Rover

Post by Rover »

I prefer women with pinstripes handling ME! Especially one with a reciprocating dinglearm.

I would buy a used gun as cheap as I could find and tweak the hell out of it. That is the only way to get a good fit. Shoot it for a while and you'll discover what YOU need in a gun.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Reluctantly dragging this thread back on topic, Darkhorse, may I ask what AP's have you shot so far? What is it about your current tool that is unsatisfactory?

Roger
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

I sold my old Morini.
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

By the way where in the U.S can you try all the guns listed side by side? That' s why I'm asking for feedback. All comedians do not apply!
Rover

Post by Rover »

What do you expect when you ask a question that has been asked dozens of times here?

The answer has always been the same; try some and buy what you like. No dealer has them all to try side by side.

You should have kept your old Morini.
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

I'm new big guy! Do you even shoot?
Doc226

Post by Doc226 »

Darkhorse wrote:I'm new big guy! Do you even shoot?
I don't want to speak for everyone but I do believe most people here shoot.

To answer your question-there is no right answer.

Personally I have a FWB P44 and love it. I tried a LP10 of a friends and did not like the balance and how it felt in my hand. Other people love the LP 10. It is really a personal preference.

Most people will also tell you the pistol they are currently shooting is the best, most accurate, has he belt grip etc, etc, etc.

If you can't try the pistols side by side you may just need to do Internet research and "bite the bullet" and just buy one.

All the pistols you mentioned are EXCELLENT and I don't really think you can go wrong with any of them. They will outshoot you for a long time.

My P44 is a one hole gun at ten meters and a slightly larger hole at 20 meters. I can't even dream to ever shoot that well.

Bottom line the gun you choose will be completely personal preference-kind of like redheads, brunettes or blondes.

Personally I prefer the Feinwerkbau P44 and brunettes.
Last edited by Doc226 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

Thank you! That was the kind of feedback I was looking for.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Jokes aside, I thought I WAS being helpful. If you want others opinions on your question you can do a search (see top of page) in Olympic Pistol asking for "Best Air Pistol". You may find that while your choices are the newest, they may not be the best for YOU.

And yes, I do shoot.
milevsport

AP

Post by milevsport »

Most of the air pistols on the market are high quality and will give you similar results. Remember that even if you try the guns side by side, you won't have a drastic difference in score. I know Pardini has the most sophisticated compensator and it provides for a ballance personalization with extra weight, which can slide on top of the barrel.
Another thing to consider is the support behind a gun. Pardini USA deals exclusively with Pardini and anwers inquiries quick. If you need some coaching, practice advice, adjusting your gun, Vladimir is assistant pistol coach for USA Shooting. Check www.PardiniGuns.com
Good Luck