No Pistol slots for US in 2012?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RMar

Post by RMar »

j-team wrote:
RMar wrote:...is that not what this forum is for?
It is. And it would be a shame that your good suggestions are not heard at the ISSF level. Be brave and speak up. If they haven't thought of the practical application of the new final format at a local level (i.e. without electronic targets), they'll be grateful and you'll have contributed in a positive manner.
RMar

Post by RMar »

BEA wrote:Is that you Roger?
Yes it is.
And you are?
milevsport

Post by milevsport »

j-team wrote: If anyone reading this has tried it on paper targets, I'd like to hear your opionion and/or suggestions?
In this year's Wiesbaden rapid fire week they made the final on paper. I wasn't there, but I was told it's been slow and not fun to watch or participate. For next year the comp0etition probably will be in Munich, because of the electronic targets.

I also think it will be best if there are some biathlon type targets. You can probably make your own with metal plate or something in the middle with 124 mm diameter, or maybe target printing company can make a target with only one ring (or to add a ring for 9.7 on an existing target design). It is also a good idea to have maybe a sticker the type of shoot-n-see, with 9.7 size, which after the shot will pop a colorful circle, easy to see. I haven't tested any of those, but maybe here is the place to come up with ideas.