Reloading .32 Wadcutters

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BorzoiDad

Reloading .32 Wadcutters

Post by BorzoiDad »

I purchased a Dilion 550B to reload .32 and .45 for Bullseye.

In setting up for .32 the seating die wouldn't fully seat the bullet. I called Dillon and they told me to take the lock nut off and use it below the toolhead. This allowed me to fully seat but now the seating insert prevents me from full length resizing of the case. The insert hits the plate so i can't get a full stroke. I guess this will also prevent me from belling the mouth of the case.

I know there are .32 reloaders on this site and would bge greatfull for any advice.

Thanks

Dennis
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

Do not be afraid to call Dillon back.....they will stay on the phone with you until it melts or you get it right.

Reloading .32 on a Square Deal is a bit tricky and the Dillon guys know it best.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Thats odd, my 550B loads 7.62x26, which is practically the same as 32S+W, with no trouble at all. Other people I know have this press and load 32 without trouble.
I just checked it and theres about an inch of travel available.

Are you using Dillon dies? Other makes are shorter or have less thread.

If the seating die is preventing the moving plate travel fully then you're doing something wrong.

I would take out all the dies and start again, starting with the sizing die - stroke the moving plate fully up, adjust the seating die until it practically touches the shell holder and go from there.

Sometimes the nut which holds the handle arm on hits things and this prevents the press cycling fully. Have a look at that.