What pistol was Chen using in sport pistol at Benning WC

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PaulB

What pistol was Chen using in sport pistol at Benning WC

Post by PaulB »

What pistol was Chen using in sport pistol at Benning WC? There is a good picture of it in the news section on the ISSF site.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

One of the variants of the Morini CM 22M from the look of it.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Yes it does look like a Morini CM22 variant - which means that Chen has dropped her use of the Dong Feng 5 (which I think was a Chinese made variant of the Margolin).
With China having learnt a few things about production over the past two decades (and with a huge number of target shooters in China) , I think it is a shame that they haven’t put the Dong Feng 5 into full production and made it available internationally. It would certainly fill a huge gap of a good-quality target pistol at a moderate price as Baikal don't appear to have come to grips with the basic concepts of supply and demand for the IZH35.
jipe

Post by jipe »

It seems to be the CM22M with aluminium frame but with the top part gold anodzed instead of black anaodized as in the normal production model.

I say CM22M and not CM22M RF because the breech seem to be the one of the normal version and the rear part of the frame (behind the trigger blade) looks also like the one of the not RF version. But it is not easy to see on the pictures:

Any otjher pcitures than those three ?
ammagad

Post by ammagad »

looks like there is no magazine in the gun.. dryfire before competition, you can see the red safety"thing" in the chamber also.

nice to see a morini. i surely love mine.. i will never return to pardini again, sadly i own a pardini fpm, freepistol, but will trade it to a cm84 anyday.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Are those clothes that she's wearing "sporting" enough for the current ISSF rules. She doesn't really look "athlete" enough does she?
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Crying out loud, she is not athletic enough???

She just gave birth 5 months ago, gained 40lbs due to pregnancy. She trained for one month, and is now top female shooter in the world again.

She is athletic enough in my book many times over.
j-team

Post by j-team »

seamaster wrote:Crying out loud, she is not athletic enough???

She just gave birth 5 months ago, gained 40lbs due to pregnancy. She trained for one month, and is now top female shooter in the world again.

She is athletic enough in my book many times over.
Take your right hand and hold it palm down in front of your eyes. Then lift it up 4 inches and swish it back over the top of your head!
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Satire is wasted on some!
PFribley

chen

Post by PFribley »

Thats what I was thinking. Looks a little"thick" to me. Don't see too many Chinese that way. Since she is an athlete she doesn't have to forage for a meal. LOL
jipe

Post by jipe »

j-team wrote:Are those clothes that she's wearing "sporting" enough for the current ISSF rules. She doesn't really look "athlete" enough does she?
Several male athletes also do not really look "athletic", but nobody complaints !