Toz 35

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Champ600

Toz 35

Post by Champ600 »

I just purchased a Toz but it appears to lack the rear sight blade. Can someone steer me the right direction for a replacement?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Make one out of a beer can. I think the Russians did.
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

As usual Rover demonstrates the truth in the old adage..."No one is totally useless, they can always serve as a bad example"

Spare parts for the TOZ can be found at www.larrysguns.com
SeanM

Post by SeanM »

orionshooter wrote:As usual Rover demonstrates the truth in the old adage..."No one is totally useless, they can always serve as a bad example"

Spare parts for the TOZ can be found at www.larrysguns.com
Well said.

For the lazy, here: http://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Rear ... TZ-85.aspx
top end

Post by top end »

Don't forget to buy the 2 screws needed to attach the sight blade - very small metric and not all that easy to get.
top end

Post by top end »

Don't forget to buy the 2 screws needed to attach the sight blade - very small metric and not all that easy to get.
PFribley

TOZ

Post by PFribley »

Rover. Your so bad!!!
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

28 Bucks?!!? Get the beer can ..

The original came with a set of front and rear sights so you could mix and match to get the fit you want. Larry's offering does not specify a size, so you may want to ask.

I remember reading a thread recently about using a rear sight blade assembly from another gun (Pardini?) where the sight gap adjustment was in the blade itself. I think was about $100 plus a bit of cleverness to mod it to fit.

There are a few threads here on modifying the TOZ 35; you might want to have a look through them, especially if you are new to the gun.

Roger
Rover

Post by Rover »

I was joking about the beer can, but only a little. I have made scope mount shims from beer can and other parts from brass sheet using only scissors and files.

You only need a rectangle with a notch cut in it and a little epoxy to hold it on. A TOZ is so crude and ugly you won't hurt a thing. A great way to cut a notch is to use a 3/16" chain saw file. They are very cheap and produce the famed Russian "U" (half moon) notch. I've used one to open many narrow sights and the size is about perfect.

Or you could try my friend Jonathan Seal (jsealc21): jonathanseal@gmail.com here at TT for parts.
Last edited by Rover on Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
FredB

TOZ rear blade

Post by FredB »

Rover wrote: You only need a rectangle with a notch cut in it and a little epoxy to hold it on. A TOZ is so crude and ugly you won't hurt a thing.
Better than epoxy would be to just use 2 small (2mm) machine screws and nuts to hold the blade on the carrier. These are easily obtained at a hobby store. That way it's easy to change the blade, and you can try different notch sizes and shapes. Just about any flat material can be used to make the blade itself, from beer cans (too much work) to Eley box tops. A year or so ago someone posted about 3-D printing a bunch of blades - they looked great.

The Pardini width-adjustable rear blade can be attached in exactly the same way. However, if you shoot center hold, you will need a taller front blade when using the Pardini blade.

HTH,
FredB
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Rover wrote: A TOZ is so crude and ugly you won't hurt a thing.
As long as the target is beautiful when you are done, that's all that counts.

Besides, most chicks aren't all that impressed with a slick new Morini anyway so save the bucks for a kickin' stereo.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"Besides, most chicks aren't all that impressed with a slick new Morini anyway..."

Damn! I was hoping they'd want to fondle my shabby old TOZ.
DukeShooter

Post by DukeShooter »

Remember the Italian guys get all the girls but the big ugly Russians win all the Olympic medals (remember Alexiev in weight lifting).

I plan on using my ugly TOZ to win all the matches and pocket the 2k I didn't spend on a "Italian job".

Just a little humor from your ol' Uncle Duke
NikNak

Post by NikNak »

Your Toz may have come with a parts kit ... mine did. One of the rear sights was wider than the other .... I chose to use the narrow one ... big mistake that took years to realize ... Once i changed to the larger notch, my scores went up .... all the way to Sharpshooter level .. now I've got other things to work on... Ahhhh, the thrill of Free Pistol.