Benelli MP90s .22 help requested

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Amanda4461

Post by Amanda4461 »

Hello folks,
First time here, and I like your forum. Especially interesting since my Bullseye days ended when I moved to Texas from Michigan, where I was fortunate to belong to a pistol team that travelled weekly and was exposed to a lot of interesting shooters that I miss. Texas isn't a big Bullseye place, at least not where I am located, so I shoot Silhouette at 50 yards instead with my Bullseye pistols.
Today, after a silhouette match with my Benelli MP90s, for the first time ever, the slide failed to lock back at the last round. After it started, it didn't stop, no matter which of 5 magazines I used, no matter Wolf or Federal 711B used. Anybody have an idea what is wrong? I initially assumed a dirty mag, but ALL mags failed to lock back.
Thanks for the help, and for the great info on your board. I am sure that you will help me decide if I really need a Pardini. Well, WANT a Pardini:-)
Amanda4461
oldcaster

benelli slide releasing

Post by oldcaster »

The Mp90 won't ever lock back on the last shot because it isn't made to. If you mean it won't lock back period then check to see if the tube that holds the slide open is stuck with dirt or the spring has failed. I had a problem where the two arms on the slide were too far apart. I spent the better part of an hour putting it in a vise (with wood on each side to protect it) and tightening it and measuring with a calipers squeezing it a few thousanths of an inch more each time until it finally went in enough. Bear in mind that it is obviously possible to squeeze it too hard and then have it too tight which is why I was so careful. I guess it might be possible to crack it also but I don't know of an alternative except to replace it.
Amanda4461

Post by Amanda4461 »

I always wondered when I would have a "Senior Moment, aka CRS-disease"
Too much time behind my High Standard and my 1911s has gotten me trained to expect Slide Lock at last round. I shot the Benelli in the silhouette match for the first time in a long time. It did its thing, won me a match, and left me scratching my arse wondering if something broke on it. Along you come and make me understand that some things never change, my 1911s lock back, my Benelli MP90s doesn't. Maybe I better just get some sleep. Thanks for having the kindness not to laugh out loud.
Amanda4461
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

The slide of true match pistols does not lock back automatically so that all shots give the same feedback. Its not a problem, its a feature.
oldcaster

laugh at mistakes

Post by oldcaster »

I would never laugh at something like that because I was born in the early forties and will do something comparable today or tomorrow and luckily won't remember it the next day.