Mastering Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bytee

Post by bytee »

Regarding the ammo question. Sometime around 1985 we had a coaching clinic in Australia with the Swedish shooter, Ragnar Skanagar who has at least 1 Olympic Gold medal in FP. We asked him the same ammo question, so he smiled and asked some of us to give him one round from our boxes. With 5 different brand rounds he then went out to the 50M range and easily held the nine ring. He'd made his point....
jipe

Post by jipe »

bytee wrote:Regarding the ammo question. Sometime around 1985 we had a coaching clinic in Australia with the Swedish shooter, Ragnar Skanagar who has at least 1 Olympic Gold medal in FP.
He also holds the Swedish FP record of 583 points, i.e. 2 points above the 31 years old FP world record of Melentiev..
dam8

Post by dam8 »

is there a reduce target that applies to 50' ?
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Target scaling has come up before - Scatt software can do it. Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?t=28652&highlight=scatt+software

Roger
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

dam8 wrote:is there a reduce target that applies to 50' ?
Yes the "NRA" makes a 50 foot free pistol target, Champions Choice has them as well as Gil Hebard. Or direct from National Target.
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

B-11 (50m reduced to 50'). Most target manufacturers should have them. I get mine from Alco Target in Duarte, CA.
NikNak

Ammo in FP, what's the point???

Post by NikNak »

I tend to score the same with HV, SV, Tgt Ammo and when dry firing.... guess it's not the ammo that's the issue. :-)

Practice, practice, practice .... grip, trigger, breathing, NPA etc, etc, etc ..