precision air rifle??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

oddsonjjf

precision air rifle??

Post by oddsonjjf »

Ok, so I have reseached and perused the various options regarding competition air rifles. Seem as if fwb & anschutz as well as walther LG 300&400 series are all in the same boat so to speak. Anyone have any experience or more info on Hammerli? Guess this is made by Walther. have to get a comp. air soon for a left handed shooter. So I'm opening this up for converation/help. Thanks
randy1952

Re: precision air rifle??

Post by randy1952 »

oddsonjjf wrote:Ok, so I have reseached and perused the various options regarding competition air rifles. Seem as if fwb & anschutz as well as walther LG 300&400 series are all in the same boat so to speak. Anyone have any experience or more info on Hammerli? Guess this is made by Walther. have to get a comp. air soon for a left handed shooter. So I'm opening this up for converation/help. Thanks
The AR20 might be alright for a beginner or if you don't have the bucks for a better rifle, but the quality of the gun is not as good as the other precision target air rifles. I remember when they first introduced the rifle into the country an effort was made to introduce the rifle as a sporter rifle, but when that failed their only recourse was to sell the rifle as a precision rifle. I have seen a few AR20s rifles out there, but not many. The Hammerli quality over the years is not what it used to be. The product line after the AR50 rifle has been trying to produce product lines that are stamped out, which reduces cost. However, in my opinion it doesn't necessarily produce a precision product.
angelmr

Post by angelmr »

I own walther LG30/Hammerli AR30 (It is the same rifle). Good rifle, too light for me, but it have more than adequate accuracy. Friends of mine own few AR20, but all of them are FT model. It is unquestionable that AR20 and AR30 are in lower end of hi quality precision rifles. They are cheapest too. :)
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Hi
I'm a lefty and I use a Walther LG-300, great gun and more accurate than I am.
Have a look at the AR-30, you can upgrade the gun with add ons and it is cheaper than some others. I think its on the same lines as the AR-20 but a lot better. All you need for left handed is the pistol grip. The cheek piece swaps over.

JSB