fixing bleiker barrel  in anschutz stock.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

sunhat

fixing bleiker barrel  in anschutz stock.

Post by sunhat »

Hi; I have problem to fix bleiker barrel  in anschutz stock.
Can anyone help.
supermatch

Post by supermatch »

Its does not fit directly.

You will need to get a machinist (or better still, Bleiker) to adjust the stock to inlet the Bleiker action

The Bleiker action has a flat square base.
sunhat

Post by sunhat »

Can you show me an example to follow.
cmj

Post by cmj »

any competent machine shop should be able to mate the 2, but would need action and stock together to fit them up. send me your email address and can send you a couple pictures to see what you up against.
Barney

Post by Barney »

It can only be done on the 20 series stock, and all that is required is the back section of the inlet (bolt end) needs to be machined out another 3mm directly back.

The reason is that the Annie action (square) has rounded corners and the Bleiker action has square ones.

Basically all you are doing is relieving the corners of the action recess to allow the blieker to drop in.

You will still be able to use the Annie action in the stock if you wish to swap back.

I recommend using the Annie or Bleiker bedding matt, or if you get bottom of the bed skimmed flat and true you could go metal on metal, which is how mine is.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Barney, I take it the fixing holes for the Bleiker are the same, and can you use the Anschutz fixing bolts. Thanks Colin
Barney

Post by Barney »

Thats correct Colin, you just use the normal 4 screws used for the Annie 20 series.
On the bottom plate of the Bleiker action there are extra holes in it, some are in the middle as if it were a round action.
My guess would be some are for using it in the Walther KK200 and 300 alu stock and the factory Bleiker stock.
The G & E stock use the same as the Annie 20 series

Barney
cmj

Post by cmj »

The factory Bleiker stock uses 2 screws roughly same position as Anschutz (front), but the rear screws are much farther back than Anschutz being underneath the grip. Would seem to indicate might need to drill a couple more holes in the Anschutz stock
Colin

Post by Colin »

Now I'm confused as Barney says it will fit and cmj says you may need to drill holes ?
cmj

Post by cmj »

Just took apart my rifles. The Bleiker does have the Anschutz bolt pattern available for the 2013 etc. What that would do to the harmonics is anybodies guess as the Bleiker stock uses bolts at each end and the rear Anschutz bolt holes are in the middle. Bleiker does not use a mat as Anschutz does for bedding. BUT the Bleiker action is wider and besides removing some material from the back of Anschutz channel would also need to widen it a few .001s it will not drop down in as is. The Anschutz narrows down in the trigger area to much for the Bleiker.
Attachments
actio.jpg
stock 1.jpg
Colin

Post by Colin »

Thank cmj, as they say a picture says a thousand words.It should be relatively easy for the wooden stock Anschutz.Don't think I would worry to much about the harmonics as the four fixings on the Anschutz would be enough to hold it firm.I know someone who has one fitted into a Walther alloy stock and that had to be thinned out at the sides quite a bit to get it to fit, so thin that it would move in at the sides if you pressed it,that was done by Bleiker though.Didn't know how the fixings were done on the Bleiker/Walther as it was in the stock when I looked at it. Colin