NEED HELP WITH IZH 46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MUSICALGUNS

NEED HELP WITH IZH 46M

Post by MUSICALGUNS »

HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME WITH THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING WITH MY IZH 46M. IT IS A WONDERFULLY ACCURATE PISTOL, BUT RECENTLY IT HAS FAILED TO FIRE ON OCAISI0N. WHEN I COCK THE GUN IT SEEMS TO HAVE PLENTY OF COMPRESSION AND TAKES THE USUAL FORCE TO COCK IT. HOWEVER, WHEN I PRESS THE TRIGGER ALL I GET IS A "CLICK." HAVE CHECKED THE OWNER'S MANUAL AND CAN'T FIND ANY HELP THERE. ANYONE HAVE THE SOLUTION?
philip_T

Izzy 46m

Post by philip_T »

First read the manual so that you know about opening the charging
arm far enough to ensure the breech opens and cocks. Maybe just pushing
the breech lever back further will work, like when you dry fire.
There is some small connector/spring that makes this process work
by connecting the charging lever to the breech lever. Try dry firing using
just the breech lever. If it always trips the trigger then I think you must
be not quite opening the charging lever quite enough.
Ensure the sliding cover slides back when you close the breech.
Oil all joints of the cocking assembly throughly ! HTH
MUSICALGUNS

izh 46m problems

Post by MUSICALGUNS »

WELL, HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SUGGESTED. DRY FIRING IS O.K WHEN JUST COCKING THE BOLT. HAVE TRIED MAKING SURE THE BOLT IS ALL THE WAY BACK, BUT THIS DOES NOT HELP.

IT DID FIRE ONCE WHEN I SMARTLY OPENED THE PUMP LEVER, BUT I DO NOT CARE TO RESORT TO THAT IN ORDER TO GET THE GUN TO OPERATE. THE GUN WILL ALSO USUALLY FIRES WITHOUT A PELLET BEING INSERTED. ANY THOUGHTS?

THANKS,

DAVE
peterz

Post by peterz »

Do you really need to type in all caps? Aside from giving the impression that you're 'shouting,' it's harder to read than ordinary print.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Did you ever disassemble the pistol to see if the piston seal and compression area is O.K.?
MUSICALGUNS

Post by MUSICALGUNS »

Am kinda afraid to disassemble the gun...the compression seem great.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

MUSICALGUNS wrote:Am kinda afraid to disassemble the gun...the compression seem great.
The diassembly of the Izzy piston seal is very easy and you can download the video clip that shows you step by step in Pilkguns' The TenP Files'.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

It probably is not the compression seal if the gun fires properly sometimes and not at all others.

There was a thread on this forum recently about a problem with the cocking linkage - one of the components interfered with taking a full stroke and sometimes the breech block would not pop up. I think that may be related to your problem, but I'm at work now and haven't the time to find the it. If you search on IZH 46, it will probably come up. I think it was an easy fix.

BTW, the Izzy is a very easy gun to work on - no need to be trepidatious about opening it up. One rule that has always helped me - If you don't know what you are doing, do it carefully.
MUSICALGUNS

Post by MUSICALGUNS »

RandomShotz

Thanks for the imput. I wasn't able to located the article you mentioned, so if you come across it please let me know.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Try this:

/viewtopic.php?t=29767&highlight=izh

There are a couple of links in the thread that may be helpful too.

Is the gun new? If it's warranty work, let someone else worry about it.But it is really easy to work on. The only problem I had was when I put one of the pivot blocks in backwards. That was easy to figure out, tho' - the cocking lever would only go about halfway.

Good luck -

Roger
MUSICALGUNS

Post by MUSICALGUNS »

Thanks again for your suggestions. However, the breech opens fully when I cock my gun..and its out of warranty.
Hammer47

Re: NEED HELP WITH IZH 46M

Post by Hammer47 »

I have complete factory seal kits available for the IZH 46m pistols, PM me if you need a set. They are very easy to install.