MG 2 HELP!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hurt

MG 2 HELP!

Post by hurt »

Interesting shooting experience: Squeeze trigger......nothing happens.....release trigger......2 seconds later...BANG!!! Very thankful to have been following safe range procedure as the round safely dumps into the downrange dirt. Repeated results follow....except I keep them on the paper.

What is wrong with my pistol? I am wondering if parts 2070,2071, and 2059 are to blame? Any ideas among the experienced Match Gun shooters? Thanks a bunch, Dwaine
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

During your 2 second delay did the hammer drop or did it drop and then 2 seconds later the gun fired.

Brian
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

do yourself a favor and just get rid of it and buy a Morini CM22RF.
I just sold my almost new MG2R, and also sellong my MG4 and MG1.
Just not happy with the brand and reliability.

As a top Aussie shooter said to me last weekend, you need two MG2s to finish one Rapid Fire match!!!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, it was like that in the old times with the Pardini - had three, always needed at least two...
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

my humble opinion is no .22 gun will guaranty you a trouble free rf match. we can only minimize the odds of a malfunction by cleaning(or not cleaning), by carefull ammo selection etc.
hurt

Post by hurt »

The trigger did not drop till 2 seconds later. I talked with Neal Stepp, the US importer, he walked me through a few things to check. I adjusted the trigger engagement a little more solid, but I think the little screw in front of the rear sight need a little tweak to hold the hammer a little tighter. It seems to be working with no ammo, so i guess i will try some ammo. Wish me luck!
By the way, I regularly use a Morini CM22(older version). It has given me some head aches in the past but is currently operating very well (knock on wood) Thanks, Dwaine
kalz

Post by kalz »

Interesting shooting experience: Squeeze trigger......nothing happens.....release trigger......2 seconds later...BANG!!! Very thankful to have been following safe range procedure as the round safely dumps into the downrange dirt. Repeated results follow....except I keep them on the paper.

What is wrong with my pistol? I am wondering if parts 2070,2071, and 2059 are to blame? Any ideas among the experienced Match Gun shooters? Thanks a bunch, Dwaine

Hello,
can I know if the pistol is mechanical (MG2) or electronic (MG2E) ?
tito64

mg2

Post by tito64 »

I have a mg2 and before have a pardini sp1 electronic and the mg2 works perfectly and flowesly. 0 interrumptions and the trigger works great too.
hurt

Post by hurt »

The Mechanical trigger MG2 is now working well! My first 10 shots were a 97...which works for me. Most of my firing was in the ten seconds strings and I had no problems. We will have to see how many total rounds before any further problems. I like the gun, for the most part. Dwaine
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

In case any of you don't know, Kalz is Stefano Calzetti who runs the Matchguns factory.
You won't find many [if any] people in his position that make themselves available or online help.
One of the main reasons to purchase an MG2 is this man. He provides the best factory support you could ever ask for. I was truly impressed by the dedication and support provided to me.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

deadeyedick wrote:In case any of you don't know, Kalz is Stefano Calzetti who runs the Matchguns factory.
You won't find many [if any] people in his position that make themselves available or online help.
One of the main reasons to purchase an MG2 is this man. He provides the best factory support you could ever ask for. I was truly impressed by the dedication and support provided to me.
I completely agree with this post as I hold Mr. Calzetti in high regard for his superior customer service.

Brian
Ernie Rodriguez

MG Products

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

There are a few customer relation people in our shooting sports who are very dedicated-but none match the dedication and perseverance of Stefano Calzetti of Matchgun company
Norseman

Post by Norseman »

In that case, I guess the email adress info@matchguns.com is incorrect.

I have sent 3 emails without getting a reply.

Runar
julioalperi

Post by julioalperi »

Cesare Morini < cesaremorini@matchguns.com >
I sent them messages (more than ten) to the address above and was always answered.
EdStevens

Post by EdStevens »

I had a similar problem with my MG-2. It was due to me screwing around with all the setting screws without really understanding what I was doing, including the little one in front of the rear sight that you mention. When the gun came back from a factory repair, I note that that screw is now gone and where it was is a solid steel plug to prevent any adjustment.

Lesson learned.

BTW, since mine came back from repair almost two years ago it has been as reliable as any standard pistol on the line.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

EdStevens

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a similar problem with my MG-2. It was due to me screwing around with all the setting screws without really understanding what I was doing, including the little one in front of the rear sight that you mention. When the gun came back from a factory repair, I note that that screw is now gone and where it was is a solid steel plug to prevent any adjustment.

Lesson learned.

BTW, since mine came back from repair almost two years ago it has been as reliable as any standard pistol on the line.

I admire your honesty Ed. In my experience, many problems are caused by owners having more confidence than experience regarding mechanical adjustments.
Your post is quite a refreshing change.