Dealer transfer to CA -procedure?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ARshooter

Dealer transfer to CA -procedure?

Post by ARshooter »

I am in CA and just bought a new Anschutz rifle from a dealer out of state. I wonder what the quickest way is to get the rifle. The local dealer told me I can't start the paper work until he has the rifle, which means it is 10 days from that date? Thanks
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

Sadly there's no way I know of around the 240 hour wait, other than moving out of state. Some of the FFLs around here (San Diego) with ranges will let you shoot your new purchase while you're waiting (ala a rental gun without the rental fee), but other than that there's no way to get your hands on your purchase ahead of time.
ARshooter

Post by ARshooter »

Thanks, I was just hoping I can start the waiting period before the gun gets here, since its paid for and I have the serial#
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

Sorry, I mis-read your original question. According to my FFL here, they are required to have the weapon in their possession before initiating a DROS, even if the serial number is known.
ARshooter

Post by ARshooter »

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to wait