Rear sight location changes on a Walther KK100

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

txjm

Rear sight location changes on a Walther KK100

Post by txjm »

I would like to move the rear sight rearward on a KK100. My daughter shoots with a 18mm riser and I have milled the overhanging portion to clear the bolt and allow the sight to be moved rearward. It works fine but the riser is only about 2.5" long. I really need about 4" to get rid of the extensions between the apeture and the sight. I really need a 4" riser that matches up to the anshutz front riser it have. It need two clamping bolts in the first 1.25".
Has anyone else come up with a better system. I like the rifle but I think the apeture extensions are adding variability to the system. I know that it definitely has the opportunity to add variability if the sight gets bumped.
I would like to find something that I could modify instead of having to start from scratch.
Thanks
txjm

Post by txjm »

I had a idea of an easier solution and another problem. An easy solution is to put a 10 mm standard riser on the action and then stack another 8 mm riser on top. the top one needs to be about 4 inches long.
A problem exists at the 18 mm height where the bolt barely touches the windage knob. Possible solutions might be a modified bolt knob or a true lh windage sight. A lh sight would be nice because you would get a much nicer bolt throw.
justadude

Post by justadude »

You might try talking to Eric Uptagrafft. He has a line of riser blocks and might be able to help you with what you need.

http://shop.uptagrafftllc.com/Sight-Riser-Blocks_c2.htm

'Dude