IZH-46 o-rings

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ken O

IZH-46 o-rings

Post by Ken O »

All I need is the breech o-rings. Its crazy for what they want for them, I don't want the whole rebuild ring kit. My Izzy has a habit of blowing one out every so often, I usually find it, but not always. I found a place that sells just the breech washers (2), but wants $15 to ship them. That hit a nerve, I just had large quanity of hight power bullets shipped (1200) from Powder Valley, and the shipping was less.

I emailed and said to just put them in an envelope for a stamp, and I'll be happy to pay $5 to do it. They responded no way!.

I guess I'm just bummed that at the attitude and lack of a fair transaction. The o-rings cant cost over a few cents a piece. I would be willing to by a hundred or more to stash at a fair price.

Sorry for the rant....
Rover

Post by Rover »

That kind of thing pisses me off, too. So I say "get stuffed" to them.

Try Ace Hardware; they usually have an excellent selection for cheap.
v76

Post by v76 »

About the breech seals, I remember a post on another forum about somebody making them himself from bevelled 1/2" diameter - 1/4 s (00) washers from canadian tire. He just cut them to size and the velocity numbers actually improved (a couple of fps, nothing radical).

Catalog number from the maker, Plumbshop, was: PS2305.
(PS2305 1/4" S 1/2" O.D. bevelled faucet washers)
peterz

Post by peterz »

I needed a couple of sets, and Pilkington was very friendly and reasonable on both cost of rings and cost of shipping. Call and talk to somebody in person. Much better than the importer was.

If you order something of greater value and needing a reasonable shipping fee (say, some pellets...), I think Pilk will just drop the little plastic envelope in the box with no up-charge for shipping.

They were very good to me last year when I was in the same boat.

Thanks, Pilkington, by the way!

pete
PFribley

Pilk guns

Post by PFribley »

I ordered a small item from for my C55. They sent it and said "send me a check when you get it." Go figure. Talk about customer service. They will get my air pistol business.
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

Thanks for the replies, I'll check them out.
mister G

Post by mister G »

... and remember, do not use any petroleum-based lube on O-rings. Silicone should be your choice. Will not degrade the rings like most oils or petroleum jelly.
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

I didn't put anything on the seals, should I?
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

A thin film of a proper O-ring lube around any O-ring should help in sealing and in prolonging the rubber's usable life. I've been using Parker O Lube on a few different rings (including an O-ring recently used in a delrin disk to replace the leather piston head on my Gamo Center) and find it's quite stable in terms of staying where you put it. Just don't over-lube. A film is all that's needed. Not sure about the anti-petroleum product thing though... as the ingredients on this stuff read 'Petroleum Napthenic oil and Barium soap.' I'm no chemist, so whatever that means...
Dev

Make yer own

Post by Dev »

I started to take a normal o ring and cut it to size with a exacto knife or a box cutter. They actually work pretty well and even I suspected that the velocity went up a few fps.

Regards,

Dev