Mac-1 tuned Izh 46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
philip_T

Mac-1 tuned Izh 46M

Post by philip_T »

I received my Izzy back from Mac-1 yesterday, and I have shot about 100
pellets through it. RWS Basic. Nice ragged 1 hole groups from the bench.
Good velocity noted, maybe a small improvement there. Gun has not failed to charge, all shots seem equal.
Mac has posted elsewhere that there is about 10% of these guns that are
leakers for some reason. The pistol sure shoots fine now. I will update
as i shoot more.
Fred Mannis

Re: Mac-1 tuned Izh 46M

Post by Fred Mannis »

philip_T wrote:I received my Izzy back from Mac-1 yesterday, and I have shot about 100
pellets through it. RWS Basic. Nice ragged 1 hole groups from the bench.
Good velocity noted, maybe a small improvement there. Gun has not failed to charge, all shots seem equal.
Mac has posted elsewhere that there is about 10% of these guns that are
leakers for some reason. The pistol sure shoots fine now. I will update
as i shoot more.
Interesting. I had my IZH46 rebuilt there a few months ago. Everything seemed fine, but I recently noted some erratic changes in POI/drop in velocity. Comes and goes and I put in a drop of his Secret Sauce. I hadn't heard about the 10% - do you have a reference?
philip_T

Mac 1-- yellow forum, mar 28 , 2011, 1:10 PM

Post by philip_T »

They pretend to work for pretend wages March 29 2011, 11:19 AM

The Russians are not printing money as fast as they can like we are. The majority of the price hike is related to the fact that the dollar has fallen relative to the Rest of the worlds currencies.
It is a huge hassle to try to go thru the hoops the Russinas make you jump thru to get their products. They changed directors a half dozen times in the last few years as they constantly pushed a new Moscowite under the bus every few months.
PA is in the driver seat, as usual, as he is in a much better position to communicate and understand the culture @ IZH. I tried to improve the product and make them listen but the continuity was not there and it became a fruitless exercise that had to be repeated for each new director.
The IZH concern got a very large contract to supply the Taiwan police with revolvers and all of the sudden they were no longer hungry.
Once the workforce was back to full weeks work the deals for airguns to the USA to generate cash was over. I was telling them what they needed to do to sell into this market and they were listening for fun but they stopped pretending to care when the Taiwanese order arrived.
I saw no point in pushing the guys toward better product as it would just benefit someone else in the long run.
I'm still going to do the IZH 46M upgrades till I burn thru the kits I have in stock and then the market will decide whether I make more or not. The factory had about 10% leakers in the last years production so anyone wanting a 46M lately I've been telling them to call PA, Airgun Exprewss, Compasseco, AOA, Straight Shooters, and anyone else who sold them and ask for a deal on their leakers. I can turn them into working guns if they just need the seals and stainless steel chamber. I have about 40 kits left @ $25 each and I'm includingf a bottle of Secret Sauce with the kit. $31.50 to your door by Priority Mail in the USA on your CC.

The factory had guns/parts sitting long enuf for the mild steel valve chambers to corrode. Most all the distributors had about 10% returns and I had none because I upgraded everything I sold. I probably sold as many as I fixed that were bought elsewhere. Zero returns on either.
The gun is a $500 GUN IMO. The Russinas needed cash so they dropped the price till they got the cash they needed. They are not desperate now and the only time to negotiate with them is when they are on the ropes. When everyone is pretending to work full time and the government is pretending to pay eveyone a fair rate nobody wants to tip the cart. After all, they will always be Communists till something else works better.

"NO GUNS WOULD BE A RIOT"

Later

Tim

Mac1 Airgun