scatt F coefficient

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

viva

scatt F coefficient

Post by viva »

Hi,

any body now how the scatt calculate scatt F coefficient parameter in software,it's a one parameter but affect in two axis and depend on type of target.

welcome for any comment .
RobStubbs

Re: scatt F coefficient

Post by RobStubbs »

viva wrote:Hi,

any body now how the scatt calculate scatt F coefficient parameter in software,it's a one parameter but affect in two axis and depend on type of target.

welcome for any comment .
Typically just set it within the range specified for the discipline your shooting and then leave it alone. The only caveat is if you're shooting live and shots are not going where it thinks - you may then need to optimise it to get the same results.

Here's some notes I have from a briefing I attended. I do however have slightly different numbers at home (and for AP).

"This coefficient effectively sets the level of sensitivity of the system to the type of weapon used. Scatt themselves (Alexander Kudelin) advises using 25% for 0.22 rifle and 40% for air weapons. You will find the F Coefficient by clicking on the third icon from the right at the top of the screen. If live firing, you might find it helpful to try coefficients between 0 and 25 until you find one that gives a close match between the group size on the screen and the live group on the target itself."
Rob.
zuckerman

Post by zuckerman »

Howdy RobStubbs, what other info did you gather when at the seminar for Scatt? thanks
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

zuckerman wrote:Howdy RobStubbs, what other info did you gather when at the seminar for Scatt? thanks
I have about 5 pages of info from one presentation and more from other coaching courses I've attended. The above I have electronic so I can happily share that - the rest is on old fashioned paper so I can reference it, but I'm not retyping it all.

Rob.
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

I have used scatt for more than 10 years now. I have indeed played with the F coeeficient, and I think 45 is a good number for air rifle if you shoot at 10 meters distance.
It is trickier for .22, depending what position you are shooting, I generally use something around 55-65, which I think makes it very difficult to shoot good Xs when shooting from a prone position. But then, scatt is not supposed to be used as a scoring machine, but as a tool to improve technique itself, so It is probalby more important to look parameters such as the L factor, the coordination curve, from where you are approaching the target, etc..
Currently I use a combination of scatt and an electronic megalink for 10 meters air rifle, and there is usually a significant difference between the score on both devices.... It does get tighter if your shots are very carefully and correctly excecuted though.
Hope this helps
guido
Dat-Tripper

Anyhting to worry about?

Post by Dat-Tripper »

Hi Guys,
I've been using Scatt for a few months,I shoot 50m prone only, its improved my technique greatly, mostly my zero position and my trigger release. In live firing I'm seeing some fantactic improvements.

While using the Scatt I've noticed I can get a string of 5/6 good ten's then an 8, a bad 8,then a few 9's... shots that I wouldn't have called..

As my scores are improving I'm leaning towards blaming the lighting, I use normal house lights with a lamp shining directly on the target, but then when I look at my trace the hold is good,just not in the bull, trigger release is good and shots are landing in the middle of the trace.
Any feedback would be great?
Dat-Tripper
David Levene

Re: Anyhting to worry about?

Post by David Levene »

Dat-Tripper wrote:Any feedback would be great?
You might find this thread useful.