CA cylinders

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Doc226

CA cylinders

Post by Doc226 »

The thread about leaky air cylinders got me thinking about something else.

Most people have 2 cylinders with the air pistol, my question is do you use one exclusively and "save" the second tank until the first tank's date expires OR use then both at the same time.
gn303

CA cylinders

Post by gn303 »

I use mine alternately. Once the expiration is there they can't be used any longer anyway. Besides, if one cylinder isn't used at all, there is a good chance that something will be wrong with it the moment you really need it.
Regards,
Guy
Doc226

Re: CA cylinders

Post by Doc226 »

gn303 wrote:I use mine alternately. Once the expiration is there they can't be used any longer anyway. Besides, if one cylinder isn't used at all, there is a good chance that something will be wrong with it the moment you really need it.
Regards,
Guy
I presume the reason you should not used them past the expiration date is to avoid the metal fatigue of pressuring and depressurizing the cylinder. If they are "new" even past the expiration date why cant they be used?
peterz

Post by peterz »

Why can't a 10 year old but unused cylinder be used? Because the safety rules say so. It's a question for the makers of avoiding any liability. In fact, however, a cylinder as small as an air gun one is not apt to fatigue much over 10 years, unlike a dive cylinder in daily service. Few people can shoot a cylinder worth of pellets in a single day. Well, I can't anyway. Besides, they are so small, that the amount of fatigue is almost irrelevant.

Google two plus two rule + air tank.
gn303

CA cilinders

Post by gn303 »

That's right, Peterz! And I get the creep when CA-users 'play' with them! Everyone knows that the anti-gun lobby will jump to the opportunity to discredit our sport. So, when the manufactures don't take risks, neither should we!
Guy
AK Pistol

Post by AK Pistol »

Peterz is correct, this is simply the manufacturers covering themselves. The actual danger is virtually non existant.