freepistol. first shot way off..

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ammagad

freepistol. first shot way off..

Post by ammagad »

not a big problem, but..

the first two shots fired on each training with my pardini fpm freepistol goes high and to the right, scoring 6 or 7. then it settles down to the normal nine or ten score.
i have tried to really focus and do things the correct way but it doesnt matter..

anyone else experienced anything similar?

(sorry for the bad english, im from norway;))
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Ammagad: can you provide some more info? Are you dry firing before you fire your first live shots? How are you transitioning from daily life to shooting? What impact do these errant shots have on your training sessions? By this I mean do you put more focus on the shot process or do you feel regret? Also do you have the ability to call the shots as they occur?

Greg
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

With a gun the likes of a free pistol----I don't know of the several shooters I know that drill them right out of the box. At a younger age and till my present old age, it takes me no fewer then 15-20 shots before I am comfortable with my calls and results. At least you are talking about two shots---not to worry---just concentrate. If you are consistently up there then it's time to make some adjustments to the sight---which you may reverse later on. "Doc" (The Crochety Ole Coach)
j-team

Post by j-team »

Do you clean the barrel in any way prior to shooting?

In my experience, the first few shots in a clean .22 barrel can be a bit off (not quite this much though). Especially if you use some kind of solvent for cleaning. I would only ever use a dry nylon brush.

I guess you really want to know if it's the pistol/ammo, or the shooter at fault. If you have access to a machine rest, test it there to see if it still happens.

Also, if it is only 2 shots, then just ignore them, you have unlimited sighters.
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

As a fellow Norwegian i advise you to warm up properly.
I notice when i don`t warm up properly that i have more errors than with proper warming up.

where in Norway do you shoot?
ammagad

Post by ammagad »

hei lars..

jeg er han skjeggebussen som klora meg til en 8 plass i nm nå sist.. luftpistol. snakka såvidt med deg. skyter for hamar..

translation: just introdusing myself to kanedal..

thanks for the advice and comments, i will try to overlook the first shots an take it as a personalityissue i will share between my pistol and me..
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

ammagad wrote:hei lars..

jeg er han skjeggebussen som klora meg til en 8 plass i nm nå sist.. luftpistol. snakka såvidt med deg. skyter for hamar..

translation: just introdusing myself to kanedal..

thanks for the advice and comments, i will try to overlook the first shots an take it as a personalityissue i will share between my pistol and me..
Aha, nice to see fellow shooter in here :-)
Vi ses vel igjen tenker jeg.