2010 Matchguns MG2's

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ricchap

2010 Matchguns MG2's

Post by ricchap »

Can somebody that bought any type of MG2 last year tell us if they are having problems with their guns? I have seen a lot of complains dated 2008 or so and would like to know if Matchguns has solved their reliability problems. Can you please also state which model you bought and how many rounds you have shot with the new gun.

Thanks
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i have the latest version of mg2 mechanical version (sn4xxx). less than 1000 rounds but it handles all ammo i feed it well. sk standard, sk pistol match, eley pistol match (and it was old stuff), geco pistol, cci sv, lapua club and even some hotter stuff like federal ae5022. the gun is very accurate with all ammo and helped me raise my score in rf even if it is not the rf version. no jams so far but had a misfire of an sk pistol match round on a very cold morning (0-2 degrees celcius).
Greg R

Post by Greg R »

I have an older MG2 and it was shocking on taking different ammo without some sort of feeding problems. I since had it upgraded to the latest specs and now seems to fire any type of ammo.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I'm using a 2009 upgrade to 3xxx standard as my main gun, and that worked fine with everything you could throw at it right out of the box. It certainly looks as if the newer pistols are ok. You can always find one that doesn't work, but that can happen with every brand.
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

I know one thing about Matchguns.
If you have a problem, they will help you
until your problem is solved.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I know one thing about Matchguns.
If you have a problem, they will help you
until your problem is solved.
I could not have been treated more promptly or effectively by Stefano Calzetti when I had a problem. Fast, courteous service that made me feel part of a family. Rare in this modern commercial world.
Jack Milchanowski

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

I also need to add a very kind word for MatchGun's response and service to a problem I had with my FP. Mr. Calzetti sent me the parts I needed and just requested that I send in the old parts. Solved my FP's problem.
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

I'll join in on the support of MatchGuns. With the new slide from them fixed the few problems I was having.
One note. I have a belief that most MG2 jams are a result of a "Limp Wrist", and because of mt stature, I have shot many different MG2's with few troubles. Could be wishful thinking on my part, but it sounds good.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I second that. I've shot pistols that worked perfectly well with my grip and in my hand - and didn't when shot by the owner. We realized that when you mount a grip on the MG2 that puts your hand a mile away from the barrel axis, and you let that pistol just hang out there, it would jump, turn and twist, but not reload. Not a Matchguns-only issue, though.
Ernie Rodriguez

MG-2

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I have an MG-2 and Mg-5 and they work flawlessly with practically any decent ammo.I can say,with Stefano Calzetti standing behind any problems with these pistols,you will always get factory service/support that I can only describe as superb,prompt and courteous.Cheers
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Where does the magazine insert on this pistol?
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Freepistol wrote:Where does the magazine insert on this pistol?
It's a tubular magazine that inserts from the front under the barrel.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

you can check out this video for mg2 http://www.youtube.com/user/ruig25#p/u/46/vEgC616CLAY
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

ghostrip wrote:you can check out this video for mg2 http://www.youtube.com/user/ruig25#p/u/46/vEgC616CLAY
Thanks, Ghostrip! That is a cool video.
Thanks, Tom, too.
Ben
tito64

matchguns

Post by tito64 »

hi, I have th MG-2 31xx serial number and works flawesly with any brand of ammunition.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

ghostrip wrote:you can check out this video for mg2 http://www.youtube.com/user/ruig25#p/u/46/vEgC616CLAY
Wow! Nice video, but do you really have to remove SEVEN screws to get the slide off for cleaning?

I think I'll stick with my Pardini.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yes, but then you can even get at the trigger parts quite easily, for visual inspection and cleaning - good luck doing that in a Pardini...
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

for everyday cleaning only a couple of cotton swabs is what i need. mg2 has good access to all of its parts and is easy to keep it clean without removing the 7 screws
Allshooting

Post by Allshooting »

Where could I find version information about MG2 mechanical versions? Is there light RF slide in latest version of mg2 mechanical version (sn4xxx)?
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Allshooting wrote:Where could I find version information about MG2 mechanical versions? Is there light RF slide in latest version of mg2 mechanical version (sn4xxx)?
Have you looked on their website?

http://www.matchguns.com/index.asp