3m scaled AP target

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
zarathustra

3m scaled AP target

Post by zarathustra »

Hi guys,

Got a question concerning home training. I shoot 10m AP....

So, I got these scaled targets from Rink. Those are targets for 3m, for home practice. My question is, if I'm 5.7 or 172cm, At which height should I place the target, so I can still have the same hold and train my muscle memory???

PD: Pls, do not answer "DO THE MATH" =)
Attachments
dianas.pdf
3m targets
(17.3 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

As I've not yet shot at the full 10metres, only 8metres which is the longest range I have available at home and with 8metre scaled targets, take this recommendation with a grain of salt. But I'd suggest having someone measure the height of your barrel while you're sighting at a full 10m range, then using that same height and trial and error at home to get the 3m target into the right spot. Seems sensible to train the muscles to remember the right height, rather than worrying about scaling height along with target size.
david alaways

Target height

Post by david alaways »

a
Last edited by david alaways on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

The exact point of aim is going to vary depending on whether one is a centre-aimer or a sub-6 or whatever. Hence my recommendation to go with barrel height per the proper height on a range when sighted in on a regulation-height target. A more universally applicable arm height, which ought to work no matter where one happens to aim on the bull.
david alaways

Targets

Post by david alaways »

a
Last edited by david alaways on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
David N

Post by David N »

Last edited by David N on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Sorry for my naive comments. Silly me, I keep hoping just something about target pistol shooting is going to be simple. You know, like how it was when I was a kid with a $12 air rifle. See quail. Point gun at quail. Pull trigger. Quail falls over dead. Go get quail, clean it, cook it, eat it. Simple. Different distances just meant aiming a bit higher or lower, depending on how it felt. Not much about air pistol target shooting is like that, is it. ;)
Spencer

Re: 3m scaled AP target

Post by Spencer »

zarathustra wrote:Hi guys,

Got a question concerning home training. I shoot 10m AP....

So, I got these scaled targets from Rink. Those are targets for 3m, for home practice. My question is, if I'm 5.7 or 172cm, At which height should I place the target, so I can still have the same hold and train my muscle memory???

PD: Pls, do not answer "DO THE MATH" =)
when you have used up your supply of Rink targets, for 3m 'replication, why not simply use an 18mm diameter stencil and wide tip black marking pen onto the back face of targets (or even cheaper the undamaged corners of 25 or 50m fired targets?
zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

Thanks a lot for your replies!!! I def. get it now.

Anyway, this only for dry firing and holding practice...

There are very cool routines to be used with those targets!!!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Don't forget when scoring your results at three metres that the holes will be 300% larger in relation to those on the ten metre targets.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

deadeyedick wrote:Don't forget when scoring your results at three metres that the holes will be 300% larger in relation to those on the ten metre targets.
easy - don't score.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

easy - don't score.
sometimes lately I wish I hadn't.
gn303

3m scaled AP target

Post by gn303 »

Sorry folks, but these targets are for free download from Rink grips and they are intended for DRY firing. The may were out by dust or cleaning but are not intended for life shooting!
Guy