Is this air pistol complian with ISSF rules

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
point177

Is this air pistol complian with ISSF rules

Post by point177 »

GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

I can't tell by looking at the picture.
AK Pistol

Post by AK Pistol »

Yes but it doesn't come with a rear sight and you sure could do better for less.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Not even remotely competitive.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

I would not purchase this with the firm intent of becoming a competitor in true AP shooting. I'd rather you would go with an IZZY (IZH 46-M, around the same price) which has, is and still continues to be very competitive amongst the afficianoados. It's a great "first" AP pistol that will go for many years before you look for one of the "leaders." "Doc"
point177

Crosman PCP Pistol

Post by point177 »

I agree that this pistol will not be competitive next to IZY, Morini, Steyr and FWBs....

What I am interested in knowing is that will this particular model be disqualified from use in a 10mtr air pistol event ?

Thanks

Manish
David Levene

Re: Crosman PCP Pistol

Post by David Levene »

point177 wrote:What I am interested in knowing is that will this particular model be disqualified from use in a 10mtr air pistol event ?
At a guess I would say that it's likely to be OK but it's impossible to say with any confidence without knowing the overall dimensions (with sights), weight and trigger weight.
J.Hoes

Post by J.Hoes »

I think there are three concerns:
1- will it meet requirements on weight, dimensions, trigger pull? As the rear sight is not there, it is hard to predict if it will fit the 420x200x50 mm box.
2- rule 6.2.2.8 ISSF " It is the shooter‟s responsibility that any air or Co2 cylinder has been certified as safe and is still within the validity date." As the air tank seems to be fixed and integrated into the pistol it would be interesting to know how the manufacturer fullfills this requirement.
3- Manufacturer Crosman specifies the number of shots per fill as 50. During a "men" match (60 match plus unlimited sighters) you must refill the pistol.

In the specs of model 1701P Crosman mentions meeting the requirements of IHMSA and NRA; not ISSF.

My suggestion would be to contact Crosman.

Greetings Hans.
GOVTMODEL

Re: Crosman PCP Pistol

Post by GOVTMODEL »

point177 wrote:..

What I am interested in knowing is that will this particular model be disqualified from use in a 10mtr air pistol event ?
Understood. Without putting in the sizing box and weighing the trigger and the pistol, there really isn't enough information in the picture to tell.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

What "sizing box" ???? for an Air Pistol---???????????? That gun won't be rejected by anyone running an AP Match and you will be allowed to shoot---if the trigger pull is less than 500 grams---than you wil not be allowed to shoot---if they are weighing triggers. The so called "sizing box" is used for Rapid Fire, Standard Pistol, Women's Sport Pistol and Centre Fire only. "Doc"
J.Hoes

Post by J.Hoes »

ISSF rule 8.4.1 specifies standards for all pistols, such as grips, barrels, sights etc. Details are given in Pistol Specification Table 8.9; for air pistol a sizing box of 420 x 200 x 50 mm.

Greetings Hans.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Bob-Riegl wrote:What "sizing box" ???? for an Air Pistol---???????????? "
The one referred to in NRA International Pistol Rule 3.7 (d) The overall size of the pistol is limited to those dimensions that will permit the pistol to be enclosed completely in a rectangular box having maximum inside dimensions of 420mm X 200mm X 50mm. A manufacturing tolerance of +0.5mm - 0.00mm in the dimensions of the box will be permitted.

And the corresponding ISSF Rule.

My club sponsors an NRA AP Sectional every year. We have a sizing box and check each pistol as part of equipment check in. If a pistol won't fit in the box, it can't be used for competition.
AK Pistol

Post by AK Pistol »

Doc I am not sure where you are shooting but at all the AP matches for USAS I have been to there definitely is a sizing box used in AP.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Then the matches are not being shot under ISSF rules.
The air pistol should have its trigger weight checked, it should pass the sizing box and weight requirements.
At club competitions it is not done but certainlky at all open shoots.
j-team

Post by j-team »

The ISSF size for air pistols is a little dated. All of the modern air pistol rattle in with miles to spare. It dates back to the era when APs had levers and springs and other macho bits.

Any CO2 or PCP pistol will fly through so long as you watch the 50mm width with your grip.

When I've done equipment control at comps I didn't bother putting them in the box unless they had modified grips, I just checked the triggers.