Need Site to Sell Bullseye Pistols

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

daved

Need Site to Sell Bullseye Pistols

Post by daved »

I've decided (reluctantly) to part with my long unused 60's vintage bullseye pistols. Gun Broker and Auction Arms don't seem to attract many auctions for this type of firearm so I was looking for something more specific to bullseye pistols and equipment. I would appreciate any suggestions as to a website/bulletin board/commercial enterprise that specializes in the sales of such items.

Thanks much---
GOVTMODEL

Bullseye Pistols

Post by GOVTMODEL »

The Buy and Sell section of this bulletin board is a good start:-)
daved

Re: Bullseye Pistols

Post by daved »

GOVTMODEL wrote:The Buy and Sell section of this bulletin board is a good start:-)
According to the Forum Rules, listings in the Buy & Sell section are restricted to International shooting items, at least that's what it says.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

try joining the bullseye-L list. Advertise them there.

http://lists.lava.net/mailman/listinfo/bullseye-l
william

Post by william »

Advertise them right here. I can't imagine our moderator getting huffy about it. Most of us Americans shoot both Bullseye & International, so you'll get plenty of attention if they're good pieces.
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

Daved
Wouldn't have an old Giles sitting in that pile of old Bullseye guns? He was one of the most amazing gunsmiths ever. He made his own set of sights down to every screw. The lockup was achieved with precision tiny hardened pins drilled and installed into the slide. The sear was a carbide insert machined into the sear. His wadguns would shoot inside an inch at 50 yds. Triggers were glass. He lived north of Tampa and he test fired each gun in a 50yd 3' cement pipe. I'm relaying a little bit of history because John deserves to be remembered as a master to which few could stand up to today.
Chris
daved

Post by daved »

Levergun59 wrote:Daved
Wouldn't have an old Giles sitting in that pile of old Bullseye guns? He was one of the most amazing gunsmiths ever. He made his own set of sights down to every screw. The lockup was achieved with precision tiny hardened pins drilled and installed into the slide. The sear was a carbide insert machined into the sear. His wadguns would shoot inside an inch at 50 yds. Triggers were glass. He lived north of Tampa and he test fired each gun in a 50yd 3' cement pipe. I'm relaying a little bit of history because John deserves to be remembered as a master to which few could stand up to today.
Chris
No, I'm afraid not, though I agree about Giles guns. My late father-in-law, AW "Pete" Peterson lived in Tampa in the 50s and 60s and was the guy who got me started in bullseye pistol shooting. He recounted a visit he made to Giles just to BS and found him testing something new he had just finished - a 38 Spl conversion of a Colt 38 Super. Pete convinced Giles to sell him the then only existing Giles 38 Spl, and told me that was one of the best built guns he had ever owned. Unfortunately Pete gave up shooting and sold all his guns prior to my meeting his daughter :(( and I unfortunately became enamored with Jim Clarks Long Slides which are the guns I have for sale. C'est la vie!!
RedRalf

Another option?

Post by RedRalf »

There is a classified section on: www.Rimfirecentral.com

Give them a try,
Ralph
buttstock

Post by buttstock »

I'm in the market for an accurate 38 special revolver for bullseye. Could you contact me via email, and let me know what you have?

Sending PM.