Knobloch Lens

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Knobloch Lens

Post by Guest »

Looking to buy a +2.00 lens for my Knobloch frame. Does anyone know where I could purchase this. I asked my eye Dr. and he was clueless.Let me know.

justadude

Post by justadude »

Call Neal Stepp at International Shooter Service 817-595-2090

'Dude
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

If you already have the lens holder, there should be no problem having one made. I had one made by local optician for $20 and picked it up the same day.

Roger
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

RandomShotz wrote:If you already have the lens holder...
not a problem for the 37mm diameter holder, but a lens the 23mm holder is too small for most opticians' equipment but they can usually order it ground to size by the supplier.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Spencer wrote:not a problem for the 37mm diameter holder, but a lens the 23mm holder is too small for most opticians' equipment ...
Sorry, I forget. Little gun, big lens - big gun, little lens. I shoot little gun.

Roger
Spencer

Re: Knobloch Lens

Post by Spencer »

Anonymous wrote:Looking to buy a +2.00 lens for my Knobloch frame. Does anyone know where I could purchase this. I asked my eye Dr. and he was clueless.Let me know.

are you after just the lens, or the holder and lens?
rifal

knobloch

Post by rifal »

I just need a +2.00 lens for my 37mm holder.
Spencer

Re: knobloch

Post by Spencer »

rifal wrote:I just need a +2.00 lens for my 37mm holder.
any optician should be able to order in a lens and grind it to fit the lens holder.
at +2.00 you must have a strong case of hyperopia (long sightedness)
Freepistol

Re: knobloch

Post by Freepistol »

Spencer wrote:
rifal wrote:I just need a +2.00 lens for my 37mm holder.
any optician should be able to order in a lens and grind it to fit the lens holder.
at +2.00 you must have a strong case of hyperopia (long sightedness)
How will you be able to see any part of the target with a +2?
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

I had cataract surgery a few years ago, both eyes. The OEM lenses were replaced with plastic lenses which let me see a little better than 20/20 at distance, but they have no accommodation. This means that objects get progressively blurrier as they get closer than about 15 feet. I bought a pair of used Knobloch's from someone on TargetTalk and had it fitted with a +1.75 lens which puts the front sights of the TOZ and Izzy in sharp focus, but the target is a blur. Frankly, I thought that was what the ideal sight picture was anyway - sights sharp, target soft.

If I don't use the blinder on the left side, I actually get a composite image in which the target is somewhat sharper and it is easier to shoot. However, I shoot the TOZ at a local gun shop's indoor range where there are lots of targets at various distances frequently being trolleyed back and forth. My left eye was automatically drawn to moving targets and the composite image was very distracting so I've been using the blinder. Fortunately, I shoot for enjoyment and relaxation, not competition, so it is not really a problem.
melina

Post by melina »

If you can find an eye doctor who's game, the best solution is to bring your rifle to his office and set up a target at 50 ft or 50m, and let him put different lenses in front of your eye while you look through the sights. Clarity and comfort are both important to consider.

My eye doc had me do this in the back of the office, next to a hill (not a lot of visibility). I gave him my lens holder from my knoblochs, and it was no problem making a lens for it.