Walther OSP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

Walther OSP

Post by jer »

I got couple of Walther OSPs in my hand. How to know production year of the OSP, I found references about lettercodes but I could not find any letters.

Is there any specific weak points in OSP, what should be checked first. There is some kind of buffer in Match model, how you can know if it still ok and where to get new one?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

every OSP I have seen has the year on the 'upper' as 2 digits, e.g. '68' = 1968.
jer

Post by jer »

Where should I seek numbers in upperpart?
zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

Any thoughts of modification for 22LR??? A guy in my range shoots a modified OSP, and does really well in RF
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

jer wrote:Where should I seek numbers in upperpart?
there will be only one 2-digit manufacturer's number on the upper - left side just behind the barrel from memory.
renzo

Post by renzo »

zarathustra wrote:Any thoughts of modification for 22LR??? A guy in my range shoots a modified OSP, and does really well in RF
I've seen the modification done and working good, but only in second model OSP's. (Square barrel)

Mine is one of the first (circa 1962 - round barrel) and unfortunately they doesn't take the change.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Spencer wrote:every OSP I have seen has the year on the 'upper' as 2 digits, e.g. '68' = 1968.
Showing your age there Spencer. Quite some time ago (early 80s?) the numbers were replaced by two letters to represent the year of manufacture.

A=1, B=2 etc So, HI for instance would be 89 (1989).

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether it's A=1 and so on or A=0 and so on.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

j-team wrote:...Showing your age there Spencer...
Cruel - but true
j-team wrote:...Quite some time ago (early 80s?) the numbers were replaced by two letters to represent the year of manufacture.
A=1, B=2 etc So, HI for instance would be 89 (1989).
The only thing I'm not sure of is whether it's A=1 and so on or A=0 and so on.
...or maybe the age of the OSP/GSP Walthers I see at the club.
My (long gone) OSP and the GSP .32 (still going strong) both with the 2-digit year stamping
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

I can confirm that A=0, B=1, etc, as confirmed by Walther staff. The letters are stamped on the upper part near the serial number. The code may not work for older units.

I hope to see you at the nationals JW.

Popeye

(Woz/Toz Owner from Wgtn!)
j-team

Post by j-team »

Popeye wrote:I hope to see you at the nationals JW.
Haven't entered. I've been the last 23 years straight, can't get motivated this time.
Popeye

GSP/OSP Mods

Post by Popeye »

Apart from a barrel weight on the GSP, are there any other useful mods for the GSP that anyone has made that help to reduce recoil, and assist with using the GSP for rapid fire matches?

Popeye