EGUN

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

twang

EGUN

Post by twang »

Hi
I registered with egun.de but see there are some difficulties.
anybody here have experience buying from them?
Must take forever to get your gun from germany
Daveyg
Leon

Post by Leon »

I have a lot of experience with buying pistols and other items on egun.de.

German export licence takes about 3 weeks and then your firearm can be shipped.

Where are you based? What problems are you experiencing?
jipe

Post by jipe »

I have bought several items from Egun without problems. As always with auction sites, you should look at the seller rating and try to contact him before buying.

The only drawback is that many sellers do not want to sell/ship outside of Germany what limits the available auctions for international buyers.
Mike M. (as guest)

Post by Mike M. (as guest) »

Somebody could probabaly do a good bit of business brokering eGun sales to the United States. Especially since there are items that the sellers won't ship outside the EU, but which are legal in the US...such as black powder items.
Leon

Post by Leon »

jipe wrote:I have bought several items from Egun without problems. As always with auction sites, you should look at the seller rating and try to contact him before buying.

The only drawback is that many sellers do not want to sell/ship outside of Germany what limits the available auctions for international buyers.
The reason why some sellers do not wish to sell/ship outside of Germany is because they don't want to go through the bureaucratic process of acquiring German export permits and organizing the shipping etc.

However, there are a number of German export agents who are only too willing to do so. If you bid/buy something on egun.de, just notify the seller that you have a German export agent and all they have to do is send the gun to them - no problems then...
Leon

Post by Leon »

Mike M. (as guest) wrote:Somebody could probabaly do a good bit of business brokering eGun sales to the United States. Especially since there are items that the sellers won't ship outside the EU, but which are legal in the US...such as black powder items.
There is someone, a sometime contributor to targetalk and other forums, doing that already - or either amassing an impressive collection.

He seems to buy every good SIG-Hammerli P240 .38, Manurhin MR73 revolver, Korth Revolver, older SIG P210, Korriphilia and Colt Python that pops up - sometimes to the tune of two or three a week. Much to my chagrin, I am frequently outbid by him.........
twang

egun

Post by twang »

Well thanks but I am not going to bother.
there are enough guns over here I guess I want to get a mint FWB 300S.
I have had 3 and the last one I got from Jim E I sold.
sometimes you can get a beauty but you better be online when it comes up or it's gone in a flash.
I wonder what serial numbers were for the last year it was made?
96 I think
Daveyg
yana

Post by yana »

You dont nééd export permit for <7.5J in germany. Which are all 10m air match guns. I've bought several guns at egun site.
Especially with older 10m guns (FWB300 etc) there's a lot of rubbish on there as well. Be aware of 'Flugrost' and that sorta clues..
zeleny

Post by zeleny »

Leon wrote:
Mike M. (as guest) wrote:Somebody could probabaly do a good bit of business brokering eGun sales to the United States. Especially since there are items that the sellers won't ship outside the EU, but which are legal in the US...such as black powder items.
There is someone, a sometime contributor to targetalk and other forums, doing that already - or either amassing an impressive collection.
I am guessing the latter.
He seems to buy every good SIG-Hammerli P240 .38, Manurhin MR73 revolver, Korth Revolver, older SIG P210, Korriphilia and Colt Python that pops up - sometimes to the tune of two or three a week. Much to my chagrin, I am frequently outbid by him.........
Drop me a line at zeleny@post.harvard.edu next time you are thinking about bidding against helicalenzyme. We'll work something out.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

zeleny wrote:Drop me a line at zeleny@post.harvard.edu next time you are thinking about bidding against helicalenzyme. We'll work something out.
Planning a little collusion in bidding? Nice.
zeleny

Post by zeleny »

TomAmlie wrote:
zeleny wrote:Drop me a line at zeleny@post.harvard.edu next time you are thinking about bidding against helicalenzyme. We'll work something out.
My friends and I often defer to each other in pursuing scarce goods and services. We do so without countermanding your prerogative to favor cupidity over everything else.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

zeleny wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:
My friends and I often defer to each other in pursuing scarce goods and services. We do so without countermanding your prerogative to favor cupidity over everything else.

Apologies to our host Scott Pilkington in advance for the tone of the following:

Your first sentence may be true, and your ethics are of course your own concern. Your second, however, displays a rather unfortunate weakness in your grasp of English vocabulary (your usage of "countermanding" is certainly not standard) and questionable reasoning ability in inferring my preferences.
zeleny

Post by zeleny »

TomAmlie wrote:
zeleny wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:
Apologies to our host Scott Pilkington in advance for the tone of the following:

Your first sentence may be true, and your ethics are of course your own concern. Your second, however, displays a rather unfortunate weakness in your grasp of English vocabulary (your usage of "countermanding" is certainly not standard) and questionable reasoning ability in inferring my preferences.
Per OED II, to countermand II.5 is "to go counter to or oppose the command of (a person or authority)." I am not about to speculate whether the fallacy of inferring a claim about preferences from an imputation of prerogatives is due to a deficiency or a disability, in reading or in reasoning.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Tom, Michael made a gracious offer to you. You did not understand it, due to a lack of command of the language that you deem to be your native one. That can happen. But don't embarrass yourself even further.

Step back, learn a new word or two, and then contemplate whether you would not like to accept his offer, which in my eyes only shows courtesy and mutual respect among gun-owners.

Alexander
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

zeleny wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:
zeleny wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:

Per OED II, to countermand II.5 is "to go counter to or oppose the command of (a person or authority)." I am not about to speculate whether the fallacy of inferring a claim about preferences from an imputation of prerogatives is due to a deficiency or a disability, in reading or in reasoning.
Goodness, Zeleny, my apologies! Your flaw isn't a lack of vocabulary, but a lack of reading comprehension. I didn't realize that you were "countermanding a command" which is in fact a CORRECT usage. You'll have to understand my confusion, as I hadn't actually issued any "command" or order, and you certainly weren't in a position to countermand it if I had. Of course we all know you don't countermand a "prerogative", don't we? Even a "prerogative to favor" something? (You do know what "prerogative" means, don't you?) Oh yes, speaking of "favoring" something. To "favor" something is to show a preference, is it not? So arriving at the conclusion that I favored something (cupidity, in this case) certainly seems to mean that you have somehow inferred that I have a preference for that, doesn't it? In fact, if I did in fact favor "cupidity" wouldn't it stand to reason that I would appreciate your offer?

Oh, and Alexander? Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension and usage also before you try to correct mine. Also, you seem to be all in favor of courtesy and mutual respect among gun owners, but that apparently doesn't extend to gun owners who wish to sell their gear.

Edited to remove an unfortunate (although not necessarily untrue) character reference and an additional unpleasant comment. We have been admonished before to keep things civil.
zeleny

Post by zeleny »

TomAmlie wrote:
zeleny wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:
zeleny wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:

Goodness, Zeleny, my apologies! Your flaw isn't a lack of vocabulary, but a lack of reading comprehension. I didn't realize that you were "countermanding a command" which is in fact a CORRECT usage. You'll have to understand my confusion, as I hadn't actually issued any "command" or order, and you certainly weren't in a position to countermand it if I had. Of course we all know you don't countermand a "prerogative", don't we? Even a "prerogative to favor" something? (You do know what "prerogative" means, don't you?) Oh yes, speaking of "favoring" something. To "favor" something is to show a preference, is it not? So arriving at the conclusion that I favored something (cupidity, in this case) certainly seems to mean that you have somehow inferred that I have a preference for that, doesn't it? In fact, if I did in fact favor "cupidity" wouldn't it stand to reason that I would appreciate your offer?
A prerogative is a form of authority. The rest is commentary. Being employed by the School of Business Administration at the Penn State University, you should be able to find a scholar to interpret it for you. I suggest the Philosophy department.
Oh, and Alexander? Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension and usage also before you try to correct mine. Also, you seem to be all in favor of courtesy and mutual respect among gun owners, but that apparently doesn't extend to gun owners who wish to sell their gear.
As bidders in an online auction, my friends and I owe no special loyalty to its sellers. Our duties end at honoring our bids with the coin of the realm. Worries about the efficiency of the marketplace are best left to B-School types.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Stop complaining. The most expensive place to get a firearm out of are the U.S. of A. And it will forever be a mystery to me why so many Americans pay outrageous prices for quite common European stuff and afterwards plaster the internet with demands to know when it was produced. And if somebody wants to pay the prices cited here and seen on egun for P240, Manurhins and other old stuff, good luck to them, instant depreciation. But it's certainly a fast way to get rid of your money. And from what I've seen, I'm very certain that some sellers are not cretins either, and know how to push the prices when the Americans show up :-D
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Indeed, Tycho; eGun is literally plastered with cheap IZH-35 and Hämmerli 208/215. More than you can buy. Most are in good to very good condition. Korriphilas are a bit less common, though. ;-)

Alexander
zeleny

Post by zeleny »

Tycho wrote:Stop complaining. The most expensive place to get a firearm out of are the U.S. of A. And it will forever be a mystery to me why so many Americans pay outrageous prices for quite common European stuff and afterwards plaster the internet with demands to know when it was produced. And if somebody wants to pay the prices cited here and seen on egun for P240, Manurhins and other old stuff, good luck to them, instant depreciation. But it's certainly a fast way to get rid of your money. And from what I've seen, I'm very certain that some sellers are not cretins either, and know how to push the prices when the Americans show up :-D
I cannot complain about eGun prices for quite common European stuff. The C93 Borchardt at Hermann Historica and W+F Nationalmannschaft Parabellums at Kessler represented a much faster way to get rid of my money.
Leon

Post by Leon »

I think that, compared to Australia and the US, prices four quality target and other pistols on eGUN are very reasonable.

I'm just amazed how cheaply Hammerli 208s sell for and I picked up an ANIB Sig-Hammerli P240 there for the equivalent of $ 400